Silver Fern Farms
View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

Silver Fern Farms

Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Factory work can only challenge you for so long.

The lamb cuts boning room has been waiting to update its contract for over 10 years. The contract has been open for negotiation since 2012, but the company doesn't care and is losing its best workers to the competition. I would say that the management is overworked and given impossible targets from the company that refuses to update the facilities or even replace outdated machinery. The workers are a great lot who have put up with too much from the management. I enjoy work that challenges me and for a time learning the jobs in the factory pushed me but now I know most of them I find myself getting bored easily. What I will take away most from working at Silver Fern Farms is to be wary the perception of management. Little things can snowball affecting the culture and staff happiness.

Pros

reasonable pay

Cons

Factory work can only challenge you for so long.

Same location

Good work mates, alright pay but place is runned like its North Korea

Alright pay, plenty of good work mates but that its. Chance to gain some skills, make some money then move on to better pastures.Could go on about the issues there but who wants to read a novel. Need better management. To sum it up, if you wonder want north korea is like work for SFF pareora.

Pros

Pay, chance to gain new skills.

Cons

Supervisors, Management, irregular work pattern, bad company.

S*it place

Management couldn't run a p*ss up at a brewery, or even a decant bbq. Worked in 40c conditions on the slaughterboard during covid, they waited for several people to pass out before sending us home over the 4 day heatwave, still at least 35 most days of summer. Didn't give us masks for the first months of covid or social distancing and we had no working air con, 1 buck soda too expensive for the company bbq... Overworked like **** and treated like dogs by management who didn't do ****. Got sick from their disgusting unfiltered water fountains with water I wouldn't give to my dog and then pressure you like **** to come in sick then give you a written warning and try to suspend you when you do come in sick, and then dont let you progress to a decent job, and advance all the new night shift staff to those jobs after night shift finishes because its easier... They dont give a **** about your mental wellbeing and will fire you over trying to deal with it rather than try and help you through it. Would rather clean toilets than work there again...
Same location

Get treated with no respect

Being in the sheep yards you get treated like rubbish no respect from the supervisors they don’t seem to care about you rather seem happy for the plant manager Would rather sit in his office and do nothing should be out there helping the guys with animals expects ya to know everything and if ya do one slight thing he will be against you and treat you like the enemy The yards needs complete overhaul and nothing is right for our safety

Pros

Going home after a shift

Cons

Going to work for the idiot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
  • Factory work can only challenge you for so long.