Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Good Pay, Hard Working Job

7 December 2013
On a typical day of work, I would put on my gear (jumpsuit, high-visibility vest and a hardhat) and I would start by taking boxes of meat from a conveyor belt and put them into the appropriate racks with the same cut of meat. After the rack was full, a forklift would carry the rack to a machine that would wrap the rack with plastic, and I would operate the machine to wrap the rack to be put in the freezer. Then I would go to the other side of the freezer room and I would load the frozen boxes from the racks that were loaded yesterday and stack them into the back of a semi-truck. After every row was stacked to the top, I would take a picture of the row and then document how many boxes were in the row, followed by the total amount of boxes in the semi-truck until the trailer was full. Then I'd get an hour break and after that was done my co-workers and I would finish stacking up two more trucks before the day was over and we would head home. Working at Silver Fern Farms, I learned that how to work faster while keeping everything organized without making any mistakes. Management around Silver Fern Farms was really disciplined and they made sure we were too. They were also friendly and outgoing towards us which made it a lot easier to work around them and I didn't feel as tense working there compared to my other jobs I've worked at. My co-workers were nice and fun and very out going. They would joke with each other a lot and everybody got along. They were also very helpful when I ran into a problem or if I could have did something more effectively they would show me a better solution - more...
25 January 2018
Meat Processor, A Grade Slaughter-man (Former Employee) - Waitoa, Waikato
The most enjoyable part to this job is seeing productivity for the company and having the chance to see the success of your hard work and that you are a part of a huge team all trying to achieve the same goal.

Work hard, go home, enjoy the friendships along the way
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours bending over
11 May 2017
Various roles (Former Employee) - waitoa nz
good company good people. Seniority actually means something there. There is a bit of intimidation there which doesn't get accounted for. good money there on the bobbies
23 March 2017
Shepherd, Packer (Former Employee) - Waitoa, Waikato
A typical day at work is hard work, into as soon as you get there, i learnt how to herd a big group of calves into one pen and also learnt how manage the calves better, management was very helpful and awesome.Was having to listen so many different types of supervisors and people. Enjoyable part was working with others that would help you and enjoy working with you.
Pros
Shared Lunches
Cons
Long Hours