Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Great place to work.

22 March 2020
It was awesome place to work learnt so much. Have a great sense of community and very supportive.
It was supposed to be a in between job for me but I loved it so much I didn’t want to leave.
18 October 2020
Meat Worker (Current Employee) - Dargaville, Northland
I like to get to work early to sharpen tools, and to micro pause when I can and to see where I am on te manning sheet, learned lots while working here, first aid, phec certificates, emergency response team (ert), knife handling skills, health and safety (rep), first aid responder and more, management team they have now are way more professional then the last lot, which is a big help. Work place culture on te late shift is sweet as for me, you just need to adapt and mingle in where you can you’ll be fine! Hard part working here? Keeping knife razor sharp, but when you crack that job is super easy! Best part about working here? The job, the people, the experience, mates looking out for mates!
Pros
Management’s easy to talk to, open door policy
Cons
Some long hours...
20 February 2020
Packer (Former Employee) - Te Aroha, Waikato
Personally the pay is extremely good you wouldn't get pay like that from most work place, it's worth all the hard work and you get to make a lot of cool friends that could become life time friends.
30 January 2020
Supervisor/Teamleader (Former Employee) - Whakatu, Hawke's Bay
Over all a good company to work for and if you put in the effort there are a lot of rewards in getting to a higher level with the company, the effort you put in does not go unnoticed, so if you were looking at working for the company i would recommend its high in standards for the well been and safety of all workers across the board and it does that by a full follow up and reports on any near miss or any accidents which show how they can help or look to improve in any areas across the plant to make sure there workers arrive and get home safe which i think is a company moving forward with the times at a high standard and i put that down to good management.
Pros
Staff sales, training
Cons
nil