Silver Fern Farms
View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

Silver Fern Farms

Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Great place to work.

It was awesome place to work learnt so much. Have a great sense of community and very supportive. It was supposed to be a in between job for me but I loved it so much I didn’t want to leave.

Poor management run like a zoo at the circus

0/10 worst place to work would not recommend. Poor pay, management gossip & don’t care about peoples dignity staff treat their workers like absolute shh..it

Pros

Some of the people

Cons

The place is feral.

Good work mates, alright pay but place is runned like its North Korea

Alright pay, plenty of good work mates but that its. Chance to gain some skills, make some money then move on to better pastures.Could go on about the issues there but who wants to read a novel. Need better management. To sum it up, if you wonder want north korea is like work for SFF pareora.

Pros

Pay, chance to gain new skills.

Cons

Supervisors, Management, irregular work pattern, bad company.

S*it place

Management couldn't run a p*ss up at a brewery, or even a decant bbq. Worked in 40c conditions on the slaughterboard during covid, they waited for several people to pass out before sending us home over the 4 day heatwave, still at least 35 most days of summer. Didn't give us masks for the first months of covid or social distancing and we had no working air con, 1 buck soda too expensive for the company bbq... Overworked like **** and treated like dogs by management who didn't do ****. Got sick from their disgusting unfiltered water fountains with water I wouldn't give to my dog and then pressure you like **** to come in sick then give you a written warning and try to suspend you when you do come in sick, and then dont let you progress to a decent job, and advance all the new night shift staff to those jobs after night shift finishes because its easier... They dont give a **** about your mental wellbeing and will fire you over trying to deal with it rather than try and help you through it. Would rather clean toilets than work there again...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms