Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Great work place for anyone and everyone

6 May 2019
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal
24 September 2019
Same role
Labourer (Current Employee) - Waitotara, Taranaki
Have worked in the meat industry for 32yrs for different company's.and I find working for silver ferns farms the most unpleasant experience I have had .the do not care about there workers at all!!
Pros
Nill
Cons
Treated like dirt
17 November 2013
Same role
labourer, Offal room (Current Employee) - Waitotara
An excellent place to work. I was very fortunate to have worked there. The people I worked with were friendly, I learned some good time management skills here. The hardest part of the job was probably correcting others mistakes due to not concentrating but we got there in the end. Supervisors and staff Management were excellent.
Pros
good bosses
Cons
seasonal work, not permanent
26 August 2018
Same location
Packer (Former Employee) - Takapau
Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long off seasons
  1. Great work place for anyone and everyone