Silver Fern Farms
View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

Silver Fern Farms

Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Horrible company to work for

Have worked in the meat industry for 32yrs for different company's.and I find working for silver ferns farms the most unpleasant experience I have had .the do not care about there workers at all!!

Pros

Nill

Cons

Treated like dirt

S*it place

Management couldn't run a p*ss up at a brewery, or even a decant bbq. Worked in 40c conditions on the slaughterboard during covid, they waited for several people to pass out before sending us home over the 4 day heatwave, still at least 35 most days of summer. Didn't give us masks for the first months of covid or social distancing and we had no working air con, 1 buck soda too expensive for the company bbq... Overworked like **** and treated like dogs by management who didn't do ****. Got sick from their disgusting unfiltered water fountains with water I wouldn't give to my dog and then pressure you like **** to come in sick then give you a written warning and try to suspend you when you do come in sick, and then dont let you progress to a decent job, and advance all the new night shift staff to those jobs after night shift finishes because its easier... They dont give a **** about your mental wellbeing and will fire you over trying to deal with it rather than try and help you through it. Would rather clean toilets than work there again...

Not a fun place

Constantly short staffed. Moved around all the time.same production targets regardless of how many people are absent. Poor supervisors and management.

Pros

Home time

Cons

Treated like dirt and a slave
Same role

Great work place for anyone and everyone

I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.

Pros

Multi Cultural

Cons

Seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
  • Horrible company to work for