Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Productive and fun work place

9 February 2014
Learn new cuts sharpen you knife before your day starts meet new people the hardest part is when you first start the job you have to learn all these new things. Apart from that it is a great job full on and physical. Best thing about the job is when you can have a laugh with people and still get the job done in time.
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
when machines break down
21 August 2016
Same location
Meat Packer (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
Good working there loving meeting new people loved new gained throughout past work experience I like to try to new jobs I am looking to secure a challenging new role where transferable skills, knowleage and expertise gained experience
Pros
Free lunch
23 July 2015
Same location
Process Worker (Former Employee) - Clyde st Silverstream Dunedin
it being so long ago since i worked there, and knowing that 90%of management and co-workers even plant and rooms I worked in are now closed, It be unfair I feel to make comment.
18 October 2020
Meat Worker (Current Employee) - Dargaville, Northland
I like to get to work early to sharpen tools, and to micro pause when I can and to see where I am on te manning sheet, learned lots while working here, first aid, phec certificates, emergency response team (ert), knife handling skills, health and safety (rep), first aid responder and more, management team they have now are way more professional then the last lot, which is a big help. Work place culture on te late shift is sweet as for me, you just need to adapt and mingle in where you can you’ll be fine! Hard part working here? Keeping knife razor sharp, but when you crack that job is super easy! Best part about working here? The job, the people, the experience, mates looking out for mates!
Pros
Management’s easy to talk to, open door policy
Cons
Some long hours...