Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

Silver Fern Farms

Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Productive fun

Worked hard with good people. Learnt heaps good training.I enjoyed the challenges everyday. Hardest part of job was learning the harder jobs and getting speed. good place to work.

Pros

cheap meat

Cons

short days

Same role

Hardwork

It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10
Same role

The most enjoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part to this job is seeing productivity for the company and having the chance to see the success of your hard work and that you are a part of a huge team all trying to achieve the same goal. Work hard, go home, enjoy the friendships along the way

Pros

good money

Cons

long hours bending over
Same location

Productive work place, good people to work with, great place to be

I like to get to work early to sharpen tools, and to micro pause when I can and to see where I am on te manning sheet, learned lots while working here, first aid, phec certificates, emergency response team (ert), knife handling skills, health and safety (rep), first aid responder and more, management team they have now are way more professional then the last lot, which is a big help. Work place culture on te late shift is sweet as for me, you just need to adapt and mingle in where you can you’ll be fine! Hard part working here? Keeping knife razor sharp, but when you crack that job is super easy! Best part about working here? The job, the people, the experience, mates looking out for mates!

Pros

Management’s easy to talk to, open door policy

Cons

Some long hours...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
  • Productive fun
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?