Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Productive fun

23 November 2016
Worked hard with good people. Learnt heaps good training.I enjoyed the challenges everyday. Hardest part of job was learning the harder jobs and getting speed. good place to work.
Pros
cheap meat
Cons
short days
31 August 2019
Same role
Meat Processor (Current Employee) - Hawera, Taranaki
It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10
25 January 2018
Same role
Meat Processor, A Grade Slaughter-man (Former Employee) - Waitoa, Waikato
The most enjoyable part to this job is seeing productivity for the company and having the chance to see the success of your hard work and that you are a part of a huge team all trying to achieve the same goal. Work hard, go home, enjoy the friendships along the way
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours bending over
18 October 2020
Same location
Meat Worker (Current Employee) - Dargaville, Northland
I like to get to work early to sharpen tools, and to micro pause when I can and to see where I am on te manning sheet, learned lots while working here, first aid, phec certificates, emergency response team (ert), knife handling skills, health and safety (rep), first aid responder and more, management team they have now are way more professional then the last lot, which is a big help. Work place culture on te late shift is sweet as for me, you just need to adapt and mingle in where you can you’ll be fine! Hard part working here? Keeping knife razor sharp, but when you crack that job is super easy! Best part about working here? The job, the people, the experience, mates looking out for mates!
Pros
Management’s easy to talk to, open door policy
Cons
Some long hours...