Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Productive workplace

13 November 2017
Our positions require us to verify the processes to ensure food safety at all times. When we are able to identify issues within the workplace that could hinder safety then having a negative impact on the productivity we bring this to the attention of higher management. so that we can determine where the sets back are and put in place solutions to boost qualtiy and productivity.
Pros
Customer feedback
Cons
bad attitudes from all staff across the board
6 May 2019
Labourer (Former Employee) - Takapau
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal
26 August 2018
Packer (Former Employee) - Takapau
Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long off seasons
16 February 2017
Lamb Trimmer (Former Employee) - Takapau
My review on silver ferns takapau is great. i learnt how to trim and handle meat i learnt how to sharpen and look after gear. i worked with great people and got paid really well. Typical day would be sharping knifes cleaning gear and gumboots applying the right work gear. keeping your work area clean. Most enjoyable part would be working with a great team. Hardest part would be keeping my knifes sharp
Pros
Fresh cooked lunch & dinner
Cons
Short breaks