Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Silver Fern Farms

19 December 2013
We get to work fill out our forklift sheets, turn the computers on and read the important documents for the work tasks of the day. set the paperwork out give to the designated forklift drivers of the day, and print out the tallymans work sheet also. set our groups of loading gangs to load the containers. make the pallets up for the trucks that come in. unload the freight off the trucks. sign the necessary documentation. Work and enjoy your co workers company. there was nothing hard about the job it was quite enjoyable.
I recommend the job at Silver Fern Farms, Takapau nz to whom ever wishes to work there. its a well paying good enjoyable job with great people. If I wasnt moving to perth I would still be there......
Pros
Social clubs
6 May 2019
Labourer (Former Employee) - Takapau
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal
26 August 2018
Packer (Former Employee) - Takapau
Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long off seasons
13 November 2017
Quality Assessor (Current Employee) - Takapau
Our positions require us to verify the processes to ensure food safety at all times. When we are able to identify issues within the workplace that could hinder safety then having a negative impact on the productivity we bring this to the attention of higher management. so that we can determine where the sets back are and put in place solutions to boost qualtiy and productivity.
Pros
Customer feedback
Cons
bad attitudes from all staff across the board