Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Takapau

31 January 2014
This was a Great role which involved heavy lifting boning packaging of meat and deboning and alot of other roles like scanning product
14 January 2019
Same role
Knife hand (Former Employee) - Te Aroha, Waikato
This is a good place for teens to start out as I did helps you grow up, you make really good mates and get the best pay you'll ever get at 16 years old. High up Management could use some work on communication skills and how to treat their works though but other then that its a good place to work.
Pros
Make good mates, get good money
Cons
The bullying from management
2 March 2016
Same role
Knife Hand (Current Employee) - Pareora
Get in to work at 3:00pm, get gear on, sharpen knives and ready on the chain at 3:30 sharp. Get 2 30min smokos and chain stop 12:00 normal night. Learned a lot of knife skills during my time, lamb and mutton boning shoulders, legs, loins etc. Learned how to enjoy working with close mates whilst also maintaining quality product/getting job done quickly. Management are good, know when to relax but also know when to kick you into line. Co-workers are like a family, good talk and productive in team environment. Hardest part of the job is the first month. Everything feels difficult as you are new, and have to adjust to the new working environment (body also hurts if you're not used to the intensity). Most enjoyable part of the job is the chillers, easy job and good break from the chain if you're sore.
Pros
Good workout, make good friends
Cons
Strain on body, seasonal
6 May 2019
Same location
Labourer (Former Employee) - Takapau
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal