Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews in Takapau

Takapau11 reviews
it was hard work to do for me but I got some more leadership skills and was in a great shape because I used to sweat all the time in the temperature of 5-degree celsius. But for that hard work I think I was getting a decent pay.
Pros
great pay/overtime pay
Cons
far from my house and only seasonal work
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal
Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long off seasons
Our positions require us to verify the processes to ensure food safety at all times. When we are able to identify issues within the workplace that could hinder safety then having a negative impact on the productivity we bring this to the attention of higher management. so that we can determine where the sets back are and put in place solutions to boost qualtiy and productivity.
Pros
Customer feedback
Cons
bad attitudes from all staff across the board
My review on silver ferns takapau is great. i learnt how to trim and handle meat i learnt how to sharpen and look after gear. i worked with great people and got paid really well. Typical day would be sharping knifes cleaning gear and gumboots applying the right work gear. keeping your work area clean. Most enjoyable part would be working with a great team. Hardest part would be keeping my knifes sharp
Pros
Fresh cooked lunch & dinner
Cons
Short breaks
Very busy place to work and very much enjoy it. Been involved with automation system, x-ray equipment and primal cutters.
i enjoy work when iam busy and when employees all work together
Pros
good wages
Cons
good workplace team members enjoyed it learnt alot about chemicals acids health and safety in workplace
Pros
travel allowance
Cons
long night shift hours half hour drive
This was a Great role which involved heavy lifting boning packaging of meat and deboning and alot of other roles like scanning product
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Silver Fern Farms?
We get to work fill out our forklift sheets, turn the computers on and read the important documents for the work tasks of the day. set the paperwork out give to the designated forklift drivers of the day, and print out the tallymans work sheet also. set our groups of loading gangs to load the containers. make the pallets up for the trucks that come in. unload the freight off the trucks. sign the necessary documentation. Work and enjoy your co workers company. there was nothing hard about the job it was quite enjoyable.
I recommend the job at Silver Fern Farms, Takapau nz to whom ever wishes to work there. its a well paying good enjoyable job with great people. If I wasnt moving to perth I would still be there......
Pros
Social clubs
Cons
My overall view of this company and everyone involved from top
to bottom.

1) I enjoy and look forward to my job

2) I enjoy working in a team inviroment

3) Its not a hard job at all

4) Rotating is the best part

5) Don't see much of Management

6) Get on well with Team Leader & Supervisor
Pros
Potential to earn good money
Cons
Its seasonal