Silver Fern Farms logo
Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews in Takapau

3.6Work–Life Balance

good work place

it was hard work to do for me but I got some more leadership skills and was in a great shape because I used to sweat all the time in the temperature of 5-degree celsius. But for that hard work I think I was getting a decent pay.

Pros

great pay/overtime pay

Cons

far from my house and only seasonal work

Great work place for anyone and everyone

I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.

Pros

Multi Cultural

Cons

Seasonal

fun

Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long off seasons

Productive workplace

Our positions require us to verify the processes to ensure food safety at all times. When we are able to identify issues within the workplace that could hinder safety then having a negative impact on the productivity we bring this to the attention of higher management. so that we can determine where the sets back are and put in place solutions to boost qualtiy and productivity.

Pros

Customer feedback

Cons

bad attitudes from all staff across the board

Summary highly recommend to start work there. Good money great work place

My review on silver ferns takapau is great. i learnt how to trim and handle meat i learnt how to sharpen and look after gear. i worked with great people and got paid really well. Typical day would be sharping knifes cleaning gear and gumboots applying the right work gear. keeping your work area clean. Most enjoyable part would be working with a great team. Hardest part would be keeping my knifes sharp

Pros

Fresh cooked lunch & dinner

Cons

Short breaks

Good team of people

Very busy place to work and very much enjoy it. Been involved with automation system, x-ray equipment and primal cutters.

enjoy working most of the time

i enjoy work when iam busy and when employees all work together

Pros

good wages

good workplace

good workplace team members enjoyed it learnt alot about chemicals acids health and safety in workplace

Pros

travel allowance

Cons

long night shift hours half hour drive

Takapau

This was a Great role which involved heavy lifting boning packaging of meat and deboning and alot of other roles like scanning product

Silver Fern Farms

We get to work fill out our forklift sheets, turn the computers on and read the important documents for the work tasks of the day. set the paperwork out give to the designated forklift drivers of the day, and print out the tallymans work sheet also. set our groups of loading gangs to load the containers. make the pallets up for the trucks that come in. unload the freight off the trucks. sign the necessary documentation. Work and enjoy your co workers company. there was nothing hard about the job it was quite enjoyable. I recommend the job at Silver Fern Farms, Takapau nz to whom ever wishes to work there. its a well paying good enjoyable job with great people. If I wasnt moving to perth I would still be there......

Pros

Social clubs

Jobs at Silver Fern Farms