Silver Fern Farms logo
Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews in Te Aroha, Waikato

3.6Work–Life Balance

quite productive

Very smooth job. From start to finish, you would not feel the time. 9hours and it felt like working 5hours. positive team and environment. Quite a massive company with multi cultured people.

Fun place to work ♥️ supervisor's are very friendly and so encouraging

I love working in this place me and my family's are moving back to Auckland but I never forget this company's if I we ever move back to matamata I will definitely go back to work it fun working there and the job are easy supervisor 's are so friendly and so helpful when I needed help love you SILVER FERNS

Pros

No free lunch which is ok

Cons

Wages are very good aspecially whe it comes to the little Cows hhhh i had a fat pay check hhh

No career pprospects

Silverfern Farms has the potential to be a great company to work for. Unfortunately, stagnant middle management won't allow the company to move forward or train keen people to move up.There is a toxic departmental favoritism from upper management. There is a ranking type system on how "important" you are based on your years of service.This dosnt always take precidence on what you can do as "suitability" is the card they play to put you in a position to balance out a shift with relevant experience.Its not all bad, the individual teams have a comrade mentality. We are doing this together etc. Have shared lunches and help each other outside of work.If silverfern farms offered more in the way of helping pathway towards a career working for them and listen to others ideas .it could be a great place to work and ultamately attract better, younger workers.

Pros

Work mates

Cons

No career prospects

fun workplace

Personally the pay is extremely good you wouldn't get pay like that from most work place, it's worth all the hard work and you get to make a lot of cool friends that could become life time friends.

Best part about that place is the ones in the whites.

This is a good place for teens to start out as I did helps you grow up, you make really good mates and get the best pay you'll ever get at 16 years old. High up Management could use some work on communication skills and how to treat their works though but other then that its a good place to work.

Pros

Make good mates, get good money

Cons

The bullying from management

Good team environment

I worked at silver fern farms for 2 years and it was choice my life was on track but since i left things don't feel the same miss working with my colleagues

Cons

Good money

Great Colleagues

High standard place to work for especially when it comes to hygiene and making sure everything is done to a T. Loved every minute working at this place highly recommended..

It's a good job

It is a good place to work at when you finish college I clean the floors and do a wash up through the night as it keep others safe if you want a good payed job silver furn farms is good

seasonal

was great working with silver fern farms, as i come from wanganui.. in this work place it was who u know not whatu know and as hard as i worked i could still not advance within the company as it was all run by the locals who were in it for the money.

Clean and safe

8 1/2 hr work a day, learned there is more to a bugger than just eating. Management where more than friendly, co-workers become family, the hardest part about this job was to leave, most enjoyable part was working in a clean environment with such friendly people that made you fell part of a team. Top Place to work at shame its in New Zealand not Australia.

Jobs at Silver Fern Farms