Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews in Waitoa, Waikato

Waitoa, Waikato9 reviews
The most enjoyable part of the job
The most enjoyable part to this job is seeing productivity for the company and having the chance to see the success of your hard work and that you are a part of a huge team all trying to achieve the same goal.

Work hard, go home, enjoy the friendships along the way
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours bending over
enjoyable place to work
good company good people. Seniority actually means something there. There is a bit of intimidation there which doesn't get accounted for. good money there on the bobbies
A typical day at work is hard work, into as soon as you get there, i learnt how to herd a big group of calves into one pen and also learnt how manage the calves better, management was very helpful and awesome.Was having to listen so many different types of supervisors and people. Enjoyable part was working with others that would help you and enjoy working with you.
Pros
Shared Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Alright, but repetitive.
Out in the yards was good enjoyable work, loved it, but when it came to working in the boning room, it was alright, but repetitive, like you were a robot.

Pay was done by quantity not hours, and most of my work was done in calving season, so turned out to be a good pay every week overall.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Robot like work.
well organised
Silver Fern Farms are a very well organised organisation. You walked into work with a smile on you're face and you leave with the same smile. The hardest part of the job was to stay completely focussed otherwise you will lag behind for the rest of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was how close all the employees were together.
Good Pay, Hard Working Job
On a typical day of work, I would put on my gear (jumpsuit, high-visibility vest and a hardhat) and I would start by taking boxes of meat from a conveyor belt and put them into the appropriate racks with the same cut of meat. After the rack was full, a forklift would carry the rack to a machine that would wrap the rack with plastic, and I would operate the machine to wrap the rack to be put in the freezer. Then I would go to the other side of the freezer room and I would load the frozen boxes from the racks that were loaded yesterday and stack them into the back of a semi-truck. After every row was stacked to the top, I would take a picture of the row and then document how many boxes were in the row, followed by the total amount of boxes in the semi-truck until the trailer was full. Then I'd get an hour break and after that was done my co-workers and I would finish stacking up two more trucks before the day was over and we would head home. Working at Silver Fern Farms, I learned that how to work faster while keeping everything organized without making any mistakes. Management around Silver Fern Farms was really disciplined and they made sure we were too. They were also friendly and outgoing towards us which made it a lot easier to work around them and I didn't feel as tense working there compared to my other jobs I've worked at. My co-workers were nice and fun and very out going. They would joke with each other a lot and everybody got along. They were also very helpful when I ran into a problem or if I could have did something more effectively they would show me a better solution - more...
awsome work place
I Walked in to the job not knowing what to do with packing and also knifes in the whole year and 2months i was employed there
I had learned how to sharpen a knife handle a knife trim and also pack the meat the most enjoyable bit of the time i was employed was meeting alot of people but also learning that every one has a diffrent way of sharpening there knife's and also packing

management and also co-workers where great easy to get along well with the only downer was seasonal work
Productive and fun working
People are easy to get along with at Silverferns Farm, outgoing staff
Work constant but sometimes work 50 to 70 hrs a week
Sometimes they like you when they need you to do things for them and other times if you need something, the rules come back into play. There is always work here with SFF and people do work hard and long hours. We have a brand new plant which is the state of the art. Should be the best place to work.
Pros
a bbq if you work overtime on the weekend (at waitoa plant).
Cons
very long hours. asked to work overtime when you have completed 50 hrs.