Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews for Laborer

Horrible company to work for
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Waitotara, Taranaki24 September 2019
Have worked in the meat industry for 32yrs for different company's.and I find working for silver ferns farms the most unpleasant experience I have had .the do not care about there workers at all!!
Pros
Nill
Cons
Treated like dirt
Great work place for anyone and everyone
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Takapau6 May 2019
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal
Good working environment
labourer, Offal room (Current Employee) –  Waitotara17 November 2013
An excellent place to work. I was very fortunate to have worked there. The people I worked with were friendly, I learned some good time management skills here. The hardest part of the job was probably correcting others mistakes due to not concentrating but we got there in the end. Supervisors and staff Management were excellent.
Pros
good bosses
Cons
seasonal work, not permanent
Working at Silver Ferns.
Labourer folk lift (Former Employee) –  Waitotara2 February 2013
My day would start at 4:30pm and finish at around 3:30am. I learnt that a factory must at all times be kept to a certain standard for health and safety reasons,also paper work is very important for tracing anything that may pop up in the future (papertrail). Time management was important as many things ran on timelines. I enjoyed setting my self standards above previous employees and pushing my limits as i was the only one in my area. I also liked working within a wide range of people all with different beliefs,cultures and backrounds etc.
Pros
total responsibilitie for the work i put out
Cons
long hours - 12 hour shifts