Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews for Packer

Packer12 reviews
New Zealand12 reviews
I would definitely work here again, enjoyed gaining new skills surrounding Union Delegate. I was part of a team that gained the highest yield count in the history of night shift while working there. great people.
Pros
easy money. good culture. good training.
Cons
not many oportunities career wise
Personally the pay is extremely good you wouldn't get pay like that from most work place, it's worth all the hard work and you get to make a lot of cool friends that could become life time friends.
Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long off seasons
teamplayer, fun workplace, can do atitudes,
Supervisors are all good, workmate are good, try to manage product on time no avoid delays the most enjoyable part is when the tick on the last minute it's means home time and looking forward on the following day
A typical day at work is hard work, into as soon as you get there, i learnt how to herd a big group of calves into one pen and also learnt how manage the calves better, management was very helpful and awesome.Was having to listen so many different types of supervisors and people. Enjoyable part was working with others that would help you and enjoy working with you.
Pros
Shared Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Removing bulk pieces of meat from a conveyor belt checking for bone chips and packing into boxes for the Export Market
Checking Seals and repacking products for Local NZ Supermarkets
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Very Cold Enviroment
Good working there loving meeting new people loved new gained throughout past work experience I like to try to new jobs I am looking to secure a challenging new role where transferable skills, knowleage and expertise gained experience
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A typical day at work is really rushful, what i have learnt, how to work as a team and also as a individual, the management is well maintained, co workers are friendly. The hardest part about the job is having to listen to different supervisors, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with others and learning different skills
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
I enjoyed working at Silver Fern Farm because I got to meet my family members from the Island.I wanted to see if I could handle hard work and I did.Everything is possible if I put my whole heart in it.The manager was encouraging the workers to work hard,earn more.The hardest part is,the coldness and the enjoyable part is packing the meats it was fun.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Good hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Silver Fern Farms?
Working at Finegand has been the excited. You get to meet a lot of new friendly people. You know what kind of meat you pack and its 100% fresh.
Good money, good people, good working enviroment. Hassel free
Pros
Good people
Cons
It's always a busy day at work,, and I learned how to work safely and communicate well with New Zealanders, that work is not all about money but it's the good working relationship that matters as well. Management is good and very supportive to all workers, my fellow workers are very friendly. The most hardest part of the job for me there was carrying and lifting all throughout the day but the most enjoyable part of my job was when we work all together with team work, it makes easier for each one of us.
Pros
free drinks such as coffee, chocolates and tea
Cons
short hours