Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews for Processor

Processor8 reviews
New Zealand8 reviews
It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10
The most enjoyable part to this job is seeing productivity for the company and having the chance to see the success of your hard work and that you are a part of a huge team all trying to achieve the same goal.

Work hard, go home, enjoy the friendships along the way
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours bending over
SFF is great for the hard working people, I enjoyed the work vibe and early mornings that came with it. SFF motivated me to work as hard as i can to be as good at my job. Would recommend to people that love hard work.
Silver Fern farms is a great learning experience as you meet a lot of different people each with unique talents which they share with you. Hardest part of the job is keeping up when you first start and keeping your knife sharp at all times.
Pros
Learning great skills
Cons
Worked hard with good people. Learnt heaps good training.I enjoyed the challenges everyday. Hardest part of job was learning the harder jobs and getting speed. good place to work.
Pros
cheap meat
Cons
short days
A typical day at work was really enjoyable some days and not so enjoyable others being such a repetitive job day in and day out.
working in a place like the meat works to get to know your fellow workers really well and they end up becoming like family members to you.
Pros
almost family like enviroment
Cons
long hours sometimes
I felt very drawn to my co-workers whilst employed at Silver Fern Farms gaining a life long friendship with many, my management team always insured the employees needs where met and always made sure we could rely on our management team.

The hardest part of the job was waking up early hours of the morning having to be on the floor at 6:15 am sharp. Also the strain it takes on your body, I found places that didn't even know existed hurt on my body, which at times where inconvenient , because it prevented me from doing certain jobs, overall it was a good run.
Pros
early start rest of the day off
Cons
long hours, straining of muscles
People are easy to get along with at Silverferns Farm, outgoing staff