Silver Fern Farms logo
Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews for Processor

3.6Work–Life Balance

Hardwork

It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10

The most enjoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part to this job is seeing productivity for the company and having the chance to see the success of your hard work and that you are a part of a huge team all trying to achieve the same goal. Work hard, go home, enjoy the friendships along the way

Pros

good money

Cons

long hours bending over

great job if you love hard work.

SFF is great for the hard working people, I enjoyed the work vibe and early mornings that came with it. SFF motivated me to work as hard as i can to be as good at my job. Would recommend to people that love hard work.

Productive and fun workplace

Silver Fern farms is a great learning experience as you meet a lot of different people each with unique talents which they share with you. Hardest part of the job is keeping up when you first start and keeping your knife sharp at all times.

Pros

Learning great skills

Productive fun

Worked hard with good people. Learnt heaps good training.I enjoyed the challenges everyday. Hardest part of job was learning the harder jobs and getting speed. good place to work.

Pros

cheap meat

Cons

short days

Enjoyable workplace

A typical day at work was really enjoyable some days and not so enjoyable others being such a repetitive job day in and day out. working in a place like the meat works to get to know your fellow workers really well and they end up becoming like family members to you.

Pros

almost family like enviroment

Cons

long hours sometimes

cultral orientated

I felt very drawn to my co-workers whilst employed at Silver Fern Farms gaining a life long friendship with many, my management team always insured the employees needs where met and always made sure we could rely on our management team. The hardest part of the job was waking up early hours of the morning having to be on the floor at 6:15 am sharp. Also the strain it takes on your body, I found places that didn't even know existed hurt on my body, which at times where inconvenient , because it prevented me from doing certain jobs, overall it was a good run.

Pros

early start rest of the day off

Cons

long hours, straining of muscles

Productive and fun working

People are easy to get along with at Silverferns Farm, outgoing staff

Jobs at Silver Fern Farms