Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews for Yard PoolReview this company
Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 120 reviews
Job Work/Life Balance
Indeed Featured reviewThe most useful review selected by Indeed
The lamb cuts boning room has been waiting to update its contract for over 10 years. The contract has been open for negotiation since 2012, but the company doesn't care and is losing its best workers to the competition. I would say that the management is overworked and given impossible targets from the company that refuses to update the facilities or even replace outdated machinery. The workers are a great lot who have put up with too much from the management. I enjoy work that challenges me and for a time learning the jobs in the factory pushed me but now I know most of them I find myself getting bored easily. What I will take away most from working at Silver Fern Farms is to be wary the perception of management. Little things can snowball affecting the culture and staff happiness.
Factory work can only challenge you for so long.
Was this review helpful?
We want to help you find great companies. Help us be the best!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Silver Fern Farms?
See more Silver Fern Farms reviews
You may want to try:
Want to know more about working here?Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question
Based on 120 reviews
Ratings by category
3.6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3.3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3.4 out of 5 stars for Management
3.6 out of 5 stars for Culture
Questions about Silver Fern Farms
- Why do/did you like working at Silver Fern Farms?6 people answered
- Does Silver Fern Farms require a background check? What kind of background check does Silver Fern Fa…4 people answered
- Have u had problems with hotwater4 people answered
- On starting a shift do i need to come in to get gear ready4 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Silver Fern Farms?3 people answered
- What months are the off season?3 people answered
- My English 60% can reading, writing and understand so can I get jobs at Silver Fern Farms?3 people answered
- How does someone get hired at Silver Fern Farms?3 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Silver Fern Farms?3 people answered
- What are the benefits and perks of working at Silver Fern Farms?3 people answered