Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Work–Life Balance
3.8Pay & Benefits

Hardwork

It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10

Awesome fun, if you're doing it for a season.

Wonderful place to work at met alot of people and had encouragement throughout the whole time I had worked there. Made many mistakes, and all mistakes were addressed by the management team! They definitely aimed for perfection. Which is good.

Pros

Free lunch sometimes when season ends, and bonuses.

Cons

Long hours, long bus trips.

fun workplace

Personally the pay is extremely good you wouldn't get pay like that from most work place, it's worth all the hard work and you get to make a lot of cool friends that could become life time friends.

fun

Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long off seasons

If you want good job they the ones

It's easy to hard work team players different nations Get full training from Management Health n safety They are fair if you are sick. YOU need to learn always on a good contract

Pros

You have half hr lunch breaks 15 mins breaks for smoko

Cons

5 mins breaks .

Culture and comradeship

A work place like no other, I started work as a boy, three months later I was one of the team of men slaughtering. As you work up the pay grades D to C to B to A you work harder in faster, its a make or break environment some break some just stay on C grade or the easy B grades, but the hardest workers become legends...and earn top money. Management take there job seriously some can be militant, but it's a good union company relationship. Seniorority ensures a culture of respect and the step up to the task culture, though it can lead to issues with guys getting easier high grade jobs, it instills a sense of respect for long time employees union or management.

Pros

Money and mates

Cons

Short days due to plant location and a rival meatworks 18km away

its ok

very repetitive work, bad work culture but most of the people you work with are friendly, and there is a wide range of people, good for a short period of time

Pros

Cons

evrything

enjoyable place to work

good company good people. Seniority actually means something there. There is a bit of intimidation there which doesn't get accounted for. good money there on the bobbies

easy job

Great money. Not the most pleasant enviourment.not for the faint hearted. Hard constant work with short breaks fast paced and requires excellent knife skills

Pros

great pay

Productive fun

Worked hard with good people. Learnt heaps good training.I enjoyed the challenges everyday. Hardest part of job was learning the harder jobs and getting speed. good place to work.

Pros

cheap meat

Cons

short days

good work place

it was hard work to do for me but I got some more leadership skills and was in a great shape because I used to sweat all the time in the temperature of 5-degree celsius. But for that hard work I think I was getting a decent pay.

Pros

great pay/overtime pay

Cons

far from my house and only seasonal work

Consistant and fun

Very hard working place with hard working people. Was good to have stable employment. Season did not last long enough and seniority is abit of a pain

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Short season

silver fran frams fairton

very good place to work excellent hours were I worked had the radio going awesome boss very good people to work with cheap meat

Pros

indoors warm very good cafe

Cons

very hard work blood water

its a fun workplace and loved the people

the work there was great i learned alot in the meat works the management wea great the co workers were good to work with and good to be around there were no hard part about this job as everyone were always there to help

Pros

free work gears and lunch once a week

Cons

always double shiffs if you wanted

Alright, but repetitive.

Out in the yards was good enjoyable work, loved it, but when it came to working in the boning room, it was alright, but repetitive, like you were a robot. Pay was done by quantity not hours, and most of my work was done in calving season, so turned out to be a good pay every week overall.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Robot like work.

Productive and fun work place

Good money, good people, good working enviroment. Hassel free

Pros

Good people

Cons

enjoy working most of the time

i enjoy work when iam busy and when employees all work together

Pros

good wages

good workplace

good workplace team members enjoyed it learnt alot about chemicals acids health and safety in workplace

Pros

travel allowance

Cons

long night shift hours half hour drive

It is a fun place to work

It has a very high standard of health and safety.Good environment and a better working condition.

Physically demanding, Seasonal work, limited responsibilty.

* a salary coming in * Physically demanding * Generally good supervision & support * opportunity for limited responsibility (chemical room, inducting new broomies).

Pros

* kept me fit; a salary; interesting work colleagues.

Cons

Low pay; manual work.

Work constant but sometimes work 50 to 70 hrs a week

Sometimes they like you when they need you to do things for them and other times if you need something, the rules come back into play. There is always work here with SFF and people do work hard and long hours. We have a brand new plant which is the state of the art. Should be the best place to work.

Pros

a bbq if you work overtime on the weekend (at waitoa plant).

Cons

very long hours. asked to work overtime when you have completed 50 hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?