Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Pay & Benefits reviews

New Zealand105 reviews
It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10
Personally the pay is extremely good you wouldn't get pay like that from most work place, it's worth all the hard work and you get to make a lot of cool friends that could become life time friends.
Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long off seasons
It's easy to hard work team players different nations Get full training from Management Health n safety They are fair if you are sick. YOU need to learn always on a good contract
Pros
You have half hr lunch breaks 15 mins breaks for smoko
Cons
5 mins breaks .
very repetitive work, bad work culture but most of the people you work with are friendly, and there is a wide range of people, good for a short period of time
Pros
Cons
evrything
good company good people. Seniority actually means something there. There is a bit of intimidation there which doesn't get accounted for. good money there on the bobbies
Great money. Not the most pleasant enviourment.not for the faint hearted. Hard constant work with short breaks fast paced and requires excellent knife skills
Pros
great pay
Cons
Worked hard with good people. Learnt heaps good training.I enjoyed the challenges everyday. Hardest part of job was learning the harder jobs and getting speed. good place to work.
Pros
cheap meat
Cons
short days
it was hard work to do for me but I got some more leadership skills and was in a great shape because I used to sweat all the time in the temperature of 5-degree celsius. But for that hard work I think I was getting a decent pay.
Pros
great pay/overtime pay
Cons
far from my house and only seasonal work
Very hard working place with hard working people. Was good to have stable employment. Season did not last long enough and seniority is abit of a pain
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short season
very good place to work excellent hours were I worked had the radio going awesome boss very good people to work with cheap meat
Pros
indoors warm very good cafe
Cons
very hard work blood water
the work there was great i learned alot in the meat works the management wea great the co workers were good to work with and good to be around there were no hard part about this job as everyone were always there to help
Pros
free work gears and lunch once a week
Cons
always double shiffs if you wanted
Out in the yards was good enjoyable work, loved it, but when it came to working in the boning room, it was alright, but repetitive, like you were a robot. Pay was done by quantity not hours, and most of my work was done in calving season, so turned out to be a good pay every week overall.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Robot like work.
Good money, good people, good working enviroment. Hassel free
Pros
Good people
Cons
i enjoy work when iam busy and when employees all work together
Pros
good wages
Cons
good workplace team members enjoyed it learnt alot about chemicals acids health and safety in workplace
Pros
travel allowance
Cons
long night shift hours half hour drive
It has a very high standard of health and safety.Good environment and a better working condition.
* a salary coming in * Physically demanding * Generally good supervision & support * opportunity for limited responsibility (chemical room, inducting new broomies).
Pros
* kept me fit; a salary; interesting work colleagues.
Cons
Low pay; manual work.
Sometimes they like you when they need you to do things for them and other times if you need something, the rules come back into play. There is always work here with SFF and people do work hard and long hours. We have a brand new plant which is the state of the art. Should be the best place to work.
Pros
a bbq if you work overtime on the weekend (at waitoa plant).
Cons
very long hours. asked to work overtime when you have completed 50 hrs.
It's always a busy day at work,, and I learned how to work safely and communicate well with New Zealanders, that work is not all about money but it's the good working relationship that matters as well. Management is good and very supportive to all workers, my fellow workers are very friendly. The most hardest part of the job for me there was carrying and lifting all throughout the day but the most enjoyable part of my job was when we work all together with team work, it makes easier for each one of us.
Pros
free drinks such as coffee, chocolates and tea
Cons
short hours