Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

Culture and comradeship
Slaughterman Beef (Current Employee) –  Hawera, Taranaki14 December 2017
A work place like no other, I started work as a boy, three months later I was one of the team of men slaughtering. As you work up the pay grades D to C to B to A you work harder in faster, its a make or break environment some break some just stay on C grade or the easy B grades, but the hardest workers become legends...and earn top money. Management take there job seriously some can be militant, but it's a good union company relationship. Seniorority ensures a culture of respect and the step up to the task culture, though it can lead to issues with guys getting easier high grade jobs, it instills a sense of respect for long time employees union or management.
Pros
Money and mates
Cons
Short days due to plant location and a rival meatworks 18km away

Other Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Waitotara, Taranaki24 September 2019
Have worked in the meat industry for 32yrs for different company's.and I find working for silver ferns farms the most unpleasant experience I have had .the do not care about there workers at all!!
Pros
Nill
Cons
Treated like dirt
Hardwork
Meat Processor (Current Employee) –  Hawera, Taranaki31 August 2019
It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10