Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

work life in the industry
Silver Fern Farms Ltd (Current Employee) –  Pareora7 January 2018
My day would start off fine, but with breakdowns with machinery or people, the day would turn on itself, In the industry it definitely makes you understand the work ethics that goes on behind closed doors, how the management work with the workers, to try work out certain situations that may arise. There is a lot of multi-culture workers in our work force, and we all work together well, respect each others ways and religions.
I would say the hardest part of the job initially would be having to train someone to do a job, in the area that you work in and keep in a clean well looked after station, get slowly messed up and then the whole station your at is a total mess...!!
But then, the most enjoyable part of my job, is when you see that person whom you've been training, starts to get it, and able to work the station, and keep it clean at the same time, now that's a pretty proud moment :)
Pros
Free Hot water, parking and a BBQ at breakup... REALLY!!
Cons
Not enough parking, no coffee tea or sugar provided for morning or afternoon tea, breaks are very limited, If there are to many breakdowns, you dont get paid full contract, just minimin pay.

Other Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews

Get treated with no respect
Shed Hand (Current Employee) –  Pareora26 July 2019
Being in the sheep yards you get treated like rubbish no respect from the supervisors they don’t seem to care about you rather seem happy for the plant manager

Would rather sit in his office and do nothing should be out there helping the guys with animals expects ya to know everything and if ya do one slight thing he will be against you and treat you like the enemy

The yards needs complete overhaul and nothing is right for our safety
Pros
Going home after a shift
Cons
Going to work for the idiot
Great work place for anyone and everyone
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Takapau6 May 2019
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal