Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Productive fun

23 November 2016
Worked hard with good people. Learnt heaps good training.I enjoyed the challenges everyday. Hardest part of job was learning the harder jobs and getting speed. good place to work.
Pros
cheap meat
Cons
short days
31 August 2019
Same role
Meat Processor (Current Employee) - Hawera, Taranaki
It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10
25 January 2018
Same role
Meat Processor, A Grade Slaughter-man (Former Employee) - Waitoa, Waikato
The most enjoyable part to this job is seeing productivity for the company and having the chance to see the success of your hard work and that you are a part of a huge team all trying to achieve the same goal.

Work hard, go home, enjoy the friendships along the way
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours bending over
22 March 2015
Same roleSame location
Meat Processor (Former Employee) - Dargaville, N
I felt very drawn to my co-workers whilst employed at Silver Fern Farms gaining a life long friendship with many, my management team always insured the employees needs where met and always made sure we could rely on our management team.

The hardest part of the job was waking up early hours of the morning having to be on the floor at 6:15 am sharp. Also the strain it takes on your body, I found places that didn't even know existed hurt on my body, which at times where inconvenient , because it prevented me from doing certain jobs, overall it was a good run.
Pros
early start rest of the day off
Cons
long hours, straining of muscles