Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

productive, busy and safe work place

16 July 2012
It's always a busy day at work,, and I learned how to work safely and communicate well with New Zealanders, that work is not all about money but it's the good working relationship that matters as well. Management is good and very supportive to all workers, my fellow workers are very friendly. The most hardest part of the job for me there was carrying and lifting all throughout the day but the most enjoyable part of my job was when we work all together with team work, it makes easier for each one of us.
Pros
free drinks such as coffee, chocolates and tea
Cons
short hours
20 February 2020
Same role
Packer (Former Employee) - Te Aroha, Waikato
Personally the pay is extremely good you wouldn't get pay like that from most work place, it's worth all the hard work and you get to make a lot of cool friends that could become life time friends.
26 August 2018
Same role
Packer (Former Employee) - Takapau
Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long off seasons
31 August 2019
Same location
Meat Processor (Current Employee) - Hawera, Taranaki
It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10