Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Good Company

4 August 2013
I enjoy working for Silver Fern Farms, Management are good as they look after their employees and are very helpful with duties that I wasn't confident with at the beginning of my employment. Working with co-workers and making new friends is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good wages
31 August 2019
Meat Processor (Current Employee) - Hawera, Taranaki
It is hardwork and maybe not the top 3 dream job/lifestyle of choice but it does pay the bills. If I was 20 years younger, yes...very ideal. 7/10
12 June 2018
General Hand (Former Employee) - Hawera, Taranaki
The company is okay to work for the workers are great and help each other as much as possible. They supply all your clothing, knives,and any other equipment required
Pros
Provide training
Cons
Being seasonal and when stock is short there can be no work or short days
14 December 2017
Slaughterman Beef (Current Employee) - Hawera, Taranaki
A work place like no other, I started work as a boy, three months later I was one of the team of men slaughtering. As you work up the pay grades D to C to B to A you work harder in faster, its a make or break environment some break some just stay on C grade or the easy B grades, but the hardest workers become legends...and earn top money. Management take there job seriously some can be militant, but it's a good union company relationship. Seniorority ensures a culture of respect and the step up to the task culture, though it can lead to issues with guys getting easier high grade jobs, it instills a sense of respect for long time employees union or management.
Pros
Money and mates
Cons
Short days due to plant location and a rival meatworks 18km away