Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Horrible company to work for

24 September 2019
Have worked in the meat industry for 32yrs for different company's.and I find working for silver ferns farms the most unpleasant experience I have had .the do not care about there workers at all!!
Pros
Nill
Cons
Treated like dirt
6 May 2019
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal
17 November 2013
Same roleSame location
An excellent place to work. I was very fortunate to have worked there. The people I worked with were friendly, I learned some good time management skills here. The hardest part of the job was probably correcting others mistakes due to not concentrating but we got there in the end. Supervisors and staff Management were excellent.
Pros
good bosses
Cons
seasonal work, not permanent
23 July 2013
Same role
* a salary coming in
* Physically demanding

* Generally good supervision & support

* opportunity for limited responsibility (chemical room, inducting new broomies).

Pros
* kept me fit; a salary; interesting work colleagues.
Cons
Low pay; manual work.