Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

fun

26 August 2018
Personally it was fun working here, because i knew alot of people that work here. Also had the chance to be able to work with my partner which was really cool. I learnt so many new skills and was able to work fast while doing my jobs.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long off seasons
20 February 2020
Same role
Packer (Former Employee) - Te Aroha, Waikato
Personally the pay is extremely good you wouldn't get pay like that from most work place, it's worth all the hard work and you get to make a lot of cool friends that could become life time friends.
19 July 2017
Same role
Lambcuts meat packer (Former Employee) - Fairton, Canterbury
teamplayer, fun workplace, can do atitudes,
Supervisors are all good, workmate are good, try to manage product on time no avoid delays the most enjoyable part is when the tick on the last minute it's means home time and looking forward on the following day
6 May 2019
Same location
Labourer (Former Employee) - Takapau
I worked here for almost two years and it was fantastic. I started on day shift but eventually got put on too night shift. I started off working on the digi and eventually worked my way around the room learning lots of different areas from packing to learning my knives.I was then allowed to be transferred to the slaughter board where I learnt more roles. The hardest part of the job was leaving amazing bosses and great people.
Pros
Multi Cultural
Cons
Seasonal