Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews

New Zealand105 reviews
I wasn't too sure of which department I was going to be working in the 2 years that I worked doing bobbies.When doing the hides self taught .Self taught in the hides and when I was doing the joints most of the time the cutter broke down and it was hands on.
It's always a busy day at work,, and I learned how to work safely and communicate well with New Zealanders, that work is not all about money but it's the good working relationship that matters as well. Management is good and very supportive to all workers, my fellow workers are very friendly. The most hardest part of the job for me there was carrying and lifting all throughout the day but the most enjoyable part of my job was when we work all together with team work, it makes easier for each one of us.
Pros
free drinks such as coffee, chocolates and tea
Cons
short hours
working beside the graderputting the tickets on the lamb and mutton carcassesbusy work and the day goes quicklygreat people I work with
Early start and have to keep fit for whole season therefore have to pace myself. The physical nature of the job is the most enjoyable part. Working in with others on the job involves give and take. Learn something every day whether it's about the product or machinery. The hardest part could be breakdowns. Management are very good to deal with.
Pros
good hours
Cons
there aren't any
productive an a awesome-workplace,good training an trainers,can't wait for next season
Pros
awesome canteen
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Silver Fern Farms?