Silver Fern Farms

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews

New Zealand115 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Plagued with Bad Culture

My experience was sad, stressful and I often felt overwhelmed (from broken machines and no support) Management and team leaders lacked basic communication skills, and the engineering team are very difficult to work with. Definitely some jobs are better than others there, but unfortunately if your female your more likely to work the fast paced/lesser paid jobs.

Pros

Good Pay Good Hours Great Training

Cons

Bad Work Culture Outdated Tools&Equipment/Machines

awsome work place

I Walked in to the job not knowing what to do with packing and also knifes in the whole year and 2months i was employed there I had learned how to sharpen a knife handle a knife trim and also pack the meat the most enjoyable bit of the time i was employed was meeting alot of people but also learning that every one has a diffrent way of sharpening there knife's and also packing management and also co-workers where great easy to get along well with the only downer was seasonal work

It is a fun place to work

It has a very high standard of health and safety.Good environment and a better working condition.

Okay job.

I did somewhat enjoy my time at Ecowize, I learned a lot from working as a Hygiene Operator and was a good learning experience. The hardest part of the job was picking up the slack from absent employees.

Cons

Over worked, under paid

Good Company

I enjoy working for Silver Fern Farms, Management are good as they look after their employees and are very helpful with duties that I wasn't confident with at the beginning of my employment. Working with co-workers and making new friends is the most enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

Good wages

Physically demanding, Seasonal work, limited responsibilty.

* a salary coming in * Physically demanding * Generally good supervision & support * opportunity for limited responsibility (chemical room, inducting new broomies).

Pros

* kept me fit; a salary; interesting work colleagues.

Cons

Low pay; manual work.

Clean and safe

8 1/2 hr work a day, learned there is more to a bugger than just eating. Management where more than friendly, co-workers become family, the hardest part about this job was to leave, most enjoyable part was working in a clean environment with such friendly people that made you fell part of a team. Top Place to work at shame its in New Zealand not Australia.

Fun place

My overall view of this company and everyone involved from top to bottom. 1) I enjoy and look forward to my job 2) I enjoy working in a team inviroment 3) Its not a hard job at all 4) Rotating is the best part 5) Don't see much of Management 6) Get on well with Team Leader & Supervisor

Pros

Potential to earn good money

Cons

Its seasonal

Working at Silver Ferns.

My day would start at 4:30pm and finish at around 3:30am. I learnt that a factory must at all times be kept to a certain standard for health and safety reasons,also paper work is very important for tracing anything that may pop up in the future (papertrail). Time management was important as many things ran on timelines. I enjoyed setting my self standards above previous employees and pushing my limits as i was the only one in my area. I also liked working within a wide range of people all with different beliefs,cultures and backrounds etc.

Pros

total responsibilitie for the work i put out

Cons

long hours - 12 hour shifts

Productive and fun working

People are easy to get along with at Silverferns Farm, outgoing staff

Work constant but sometimes work 50 to 70 hrs a week

Sometimes they like you when they need you to do things for them and other times if you need something, the rules come back into play. There is always work here with SFF and people do work hard and long hours. We have a brand new plant which is the state of the art. Should be the best place to work.

Pros

a bbq if you work overtime on the weekend (at waitoa plant).

Cons

very long hours. asked to work overtime when you have completed 50 hrs.

productive, busy and safe work place

It's always a busy day at work,, and I learned how to work safely and communicate well with New Zealanders, that work is not all about money but it's the good working relationship that matters as well. Management is good and very supportive to all workers, my fellow workers are very friendly. The most hardest part of the job for me there was carrying and lifting all throughout the day but the most enjoyable part of my job was when we work all together with team work, it makes easier for each one of us.

Pros

free drinks such as coffee, chocolates and tea

Cons

short hours

contract job

working beside the graderputting the tickets on the lamb and mutton carcassesbusy work and the day goes quicklygreat people I work with

productive and physically beneficial workplace

Early start and have to keep fit for whole season therefore have to pace myself. The physical nature of the job is the most enjoyable part. Working in with others on the job involves give and take. Learn something every day whether it's about the product or machinery. The hardest part could be breakdowns. Management are very good to deal with.

Pros

good hours

Cons

there aren't any

productive an a awesome-workplace

productive an a awesome-workplace,good training an trainers,can't wait for next season

Pros

awesome canteen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?