Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Fern Farms Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

challenging

I wasn't too sure of which department I was going to be working in the 2 years that I worked doing bobbies.When doing the hides self taught .Self taught in the hides and when I was doing the joints most of the time the cutter broke down and it was hands on.

Working with others

The one think that I enjoyed about working for this company is the opportunities of learning new skills and meeting new people

awsome place

love the hours and the people at that meat work plant and the boss is cool az and hes my daughters god father an my best friend since primary school an all my mates work there too

Pros

shoutted lunch an t

Cons

seasonal

Good team of people

Very busy place to work and very much enjoy it. Been involved with automation system, x-ray equipment and primal cutters.

Consistant and fun

Very hard working place with hard working people. Was good to have stable employment. Season did not last long enough and seniority is abit of a pain

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Short season

Productive and energetic workplace

a typical day would procure a plethora of great fun, tied in with a hard working environment that produced a great atmosphere, but one where work got done quickly and efficiently.

Pros

workmates and managent.

Enjoyable workplace

A typical day at work was really enjoyable some days and not so enjoyable others being such a repetitive job day in and day out. working in a place like the meat works to get to know your fellow workers really well and they end up becoming like family members to you.

Pros

almost family like enviroment

Cons

long hours sometimes

productive;

it being so long ago since i worked there, and knowing that 90%of management and co-workers even plant and rooms I worked in are now closed, It be unfair I feel to make comment.

Working with my own people

I enjoyed working at Silver Fern Farm because I got to meet my family members from the Island.I wanted to see if I could handle hard work and I did.Everything is possible if I put my whole heart in it.The manager was encouraging the workers to work hard,earn more.The hardest part is,the coldness and the enjoyable part is packing the meats it was fun.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Good hours

Grande azienda leader nella carne

Ambiente entusiasmante, spazi enormi, buon ambiente di lavoro, a volte ripetitivo

Jobs at Silver Fern Farms

See more jobs

Family like

Pre-operation Organize cartons and labels for the shift Organize the re-work area with necessary gear A typical day for me is check for chilled leakers and re-bag or re-box if needed, reprinting of foss cartons, organize workers to triton machines. Help out co-workers where needed. Take meat products back to origin to be re-worked or re-packed. Lamb cuts night shift an excellent place to work it has a family feeling to the factory, the company and management encourages personal growth and development through review and progress reports.

Pros

Good renumeration

Cons

Night shift hours

silver fran frams fairton

very good place to work excellent hours were I worked had the radio going awesome boss very good people to work with cheap meat

Pros

indoors warm very good cafe

Cons

very hard work blood water

Seasonal

All year round work would be great. Seasonal work only which is not good when you are budgeting for one. and i think its all

Fun place to work

Working at Finegand has been the excited. You get to meet a lot of new friendly people. You know what kind of meat you pack and its 100% fresh.

Working

Management are understanding, work colleagues are great, work environment is awesome, work/ life balance is great, work great hours and are able to spend time with family also.

Pros

Great work days and staff

Cons

Unreliable hours as work is seasonal

cultral orientated

I felt very drawn to my co-workers whilst employed at Silver Fern Farms gaining a life long friendship with many, my management team always insured the employees needs where met and always made sure we could rely on our management team. The hardest part of the job was waking up early hours of the morning having to be on the floor at 6:15 am sharp. Also the strain it takes on your body, I found places that didn't even know existed hurt on my body, which at times where inconvenient , because it prevented me from doing certain jobs, overall it was a good run.

Pros

early start rest of the day off

Cons

long hours, straining of muscles

Shift Supervisor

Scheduling the daily running of the factory was hardest when the absenteeism for the evening shift was high. Managing the workforce to the best of our ability with the resources we had was a challenge but I found that if I worked along side the workforce they could appreciate that I was willing to assist in their daily duties and appreciated the efforts they put in. Co workers would allow me to do this by assisting with my shift duties. The hardest part of the job was dealing with any serious harm injuries that possibly happened. The people were the enjoyable part of the job and I like to treat them as a family.

Pros

Achieving high standard of production

Cons

love everything about it.

I loved it there because I learnt how to cut diffident meats and got to see what it was like to work in a meat factory. Its a diffident vibe because you are always around dead things such as cows, sheep and pigs.

Pros

discount on meats

Cons

good hours.

its a fun workplace and loved the people

the work there was great i learned alot in the meat works the management wea great the co workers were good to work with and good to be around there were no hard part about this job as everyone were always there to help

Pros

free work gears and lunch once a week

Cons

always double shiffs if you wanted

Excellent work environment

Excellent team environment. Good honest work. The harder you work the better the opportunities. I absolutely love this job due to the fact that its physically challenging and your working with good, honest, hard working folks.

Pros

Excellent work environment with no stress.

Cons

Seasonal work

Very production focused

A typical day was early morning rise for the early start. You prepared your knives and any other equipment that was required. The supervisor was very strict but that was ok and the co-workers were great. We all would help each other out when required no questions asked. The hardest part of any day would be if your knives or equipment weren't performing at there best but when everything went smoothly it was most enjoyable

Pros

Could purchase bulk meat

Cons

Can be hard on the body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?