SkyCity Auckland Employee Reviews

Always funny and positive vibes everywhere.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Grey Lynn, Auckland7 June 2018
I learned how to control my temper and not getting angry at customers, I learned how to communicate with people more often now, my manager always made sure I was on the right track. Everyone was always on a positive attitude, everyone knows each other and makes people feel welcomed an all. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep your customers happy and get what they need before the end of the call.
Cons
Different timetables
Fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Zealand21 May 2018
Great training ground for customer service. Enjoyable working with other employees especially with your same nationality. I learned to do multi-tasking.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
when we have a promotion and few people working.
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland18 May 2018
It can be quite busy with customers travelling everyday. Be a computer savvy. Hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with angry customers, but I have learned to be professional and not to take customers complaint personal. The workplace culture is really friendly. The management team are really supportive.
Working
Assistant Training Manager (Current Employee) –  CBD8 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working with different people from all over the world. The company look after their staff and have created an environment that allows individuals to grow.
Loads to learn and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Front Office (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand6 May 2018
Great company to work with, loads to learn fast paced and always something new happening. One of the best hotels to work in, if you are seeking a job in hospitality.
Pros
Great staff meal, health insurance covered
Extremely Professional Organisation
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 March 2018
I was contacted by the Group to lead a team of management and staff , 6 x Manager's and 48 Staff FOH and BOH inclusive.
During my employ I was exposed to an exceptional support team from the Head Office and subsequently I was also surrounded by a highly trained and qualified group of management and Staff.
My team and I immersed ourselves in the common goal to provide exceptional customer service and delivery the highest quality of food and beverage to the guests.
Extremely professional organization to work for.
fun work place
Security guard (Former Employee) –  auckland4 March 2018
12hr shift work. two day shifts and two night shifts. management are understanding. great people within the teams to assist you if needed. hardest part of the job is being static at an entry point up to three hours.
Hard on relationships and social life.
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato27 February 2018
A great job for learning and advancing. But not the greatest management and always seem to be working overtime, They are forever understaffed and asking more of their employees. You are seldom rewarded for hard work but always seem to be made to feel like 'not a team player' when you refuse to do overtime.
Pros
Cheap Parking
Cons
Horrible organisation of rosters.
Exciting experience
casual Gaming Supervisor and part- time dealer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland23 February 2018
Working for Skycity for almost 20 years I learnt and grew with the business throughout the years. I worked with several different cultures, meeting new people, the relationships/friendships I have encountered will be with me throughout my life. Hardest part of my job was ensuring staff and customers were always surrounded by a positive team and a safe environment. I am a positive individual and hard working who is looking for a new challenge,
Pros
subsidized meals/carparks/medical insurance
Cons
rotating shifts
Exciting culture of growth
Projectionist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ12 February 2018
Sky City Cinemas was a fast paced and exciting place to work for over 10 years. I was senior projectionist for a multiplex overseeing all aspects of theatre projection.
Pros
Job Growth
Awesome workplace
TABLE GAMES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland12 February 2018
Everyday life in Sky City Casino are very entertaining.The Management and staff treat you with respect and integrity. In my 17yrs experience at the Auckland branch has brought more skill in my life to help not only nurture myself but to teach, respect and nurture all walks of life that wish to have a future in such a pristine attraction.
The most I enjoyed of Sky City is the people I met and the staff.
Pros
Training, meetings, off site entertainment
Cons
Going to work on your day off.
a day in the life of
Data entry specialist (Wardrobe) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 February 2018
working at this work place has opened my eyes to the different varieties of cultures and different attitudes "No one day is the same".
The hardest part of working in this industry is that this place never sleeps so expect a call at short notice to come in to work and the long hours which is very hard if you have a young family,
Management styles can be very demanding and we find ourselves short staffed alot of the time which means we have to double our workload which guarantees a high turnover. overall i do enjoy my time at work and have met a lot of good people who i would call good friends.
Pros
nice food
Cons
Culturally diverse and fun place to be
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland30 January 2018
Great place to be in with supportive staff and team leaders. Greater opportunity learn and develop your career. attention do detail work and trained to deliver world-class service
Awesome amazing views
Casual Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland city8 January 2018
I loved working as a cleaner I find my self very good at it as well. I enjoyed cleaning meeting others I had a blast working at sky city the months I was here for.
Pros
Free things
Cons
Dirty rooms
Family like work environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 December 2017
Everyday at work the co workers treat each other with respect and made the working culture an enjoyable one.
However as a student finishing work at 4:30am was rather difficult.
Pros
Available hours
Cons
Far too late end times.
Fulltime, Part time Waitress (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland5 December 2017
making the hours was the hardest part of the job and early starts for the morning shifts. the free meals for the breakfast shifts was most enjoyable of the job for us waiters.
Pros
free meals in the restaurant
Cons
early starts 4am
fun fun fun
Food and Beverage Gaming Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland24 November 2017
great place to work with loads of opportunity when you work hard for it. Training in was fun but being on the other end of having to train others, although was a fabulous chance to share what you know was distracting to the normal day to day tasks. As it was very much a on the job learning environment.
Pros
2.50 meals
Cons
Busy working environment, challenging and fun
Hotel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland24 November 2017
I enjoyed the day to day tasks I was given at my previous job, so many opportunities to further my career within the business.
With great optimism there is nothing that cannot be accomplished at SKYCITY. I really did enjoy my time there and my Management team were very supportive of my role not only in the job, but as a mother. They gave me great allowance of having my daughter come through for her feeds which made my transition going back into work so much easier and more enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits of buffet lunches at $2.50, people, busy and challenging environment, hours
Cons
Too far from where I stay and traffic in and out of town
Very Diverse Environment and Fun
Kitchen Operations (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 November 2017
Work life at SKYCITY is very fun there is a new thing to learn each day always have the chance to work as the team and great benefits for the staff. overall good career opportunity to work in SKYCITY
Pros
Diverse Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Fun workplace
Table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 October 2017
Good Work Environment
Lots to learns New Skills
Good Management
Good Benefits and salary
good opportunity to meet new people and maintain good relation ship
Pros
Good Staff Discount and benefits
Cons
Night Shift hours are a bit of hassle