SkyCity Auckland Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland18 May 2018
It can be quite busy with customers travelling everyday. Be a computer savvy. Hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with angry customers, but I have learned to be professional and not to take customers complaint personal. The workplace culture is really friendly. The management team are really supportive.
Working
Assistant Training Manager (Current Employee) –  CBD8 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working with different people from all over the world. The company look after their staff and have created an environment that allows individuals to grow.
Loads to learn and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Front Office (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand6 May 2018
Great company to work with, loads to learn fast paced and always something new happening. One of the best hotels to work in, if you are seeking a job in hospitality.
Pros
Great staff meal, health insurance covered
Extremely Professional Organisation
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 March 2018
I was contacted by the Group to lead a team of management and staff , 6 x Manager's and 48 Staff FOH and BOH inclusive.
During my employ I was exposed to an exceptional support team from the Head Office and subsequently I was also surrounded by a highly trained and qualified group of management and Staff.
My team and I immersed ourselves in the common goal to provide exceptional customer service and delivery the highest quality of food and beverage to the guests.
Extremely professional organization to work for.
fun work place
Security guard (Former Employee) –  auckland4 March 2018
12hr shift work. two day shifts and two night shifts. management are understanding. great people within the teams to assist you if needed. hardest part of the job is being static at an entry point up to three hours.
Hard on relationships and social life.
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato27 February 2018
A great job for learning and advancing. But not the greatest management and always seem to be working overtime, They are forever understaffed and asking more of their employees. You are seldom rewarded for hard work but always seem to be made to feel like 'not a team player' when you refuse to do overtime.
Pros
Cheap Parking
Cons
Horrible organisation of rosters.
Exciting experience
casual Gaming Supervisor and part- time dealer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland23 February 2018
Working for Skycity for almost 20 years I learnt and grew with the business throughout the years. I worked with several different cultures, meeting new people, the relationships/friendships I have encountered will be with me throughout my life. Hardest part of my job was ensuring staff and customers were always surrounded by a positive team and a safe environment. I am a positive individual and hard working who is looking for a new challenge,
Pros
subsidized meals/carparks/medical insurance
Cons
rotating shifts
Exciting culture of growth
Projectionist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ12 February 2018
Sky City Cinemas was a fast paced and exciting place to work for over 10 years. I was senior projectionist for a multiplex overseeing all aspects of theatre projection.
Pros
Job Growth
Awesome workplace
TABLE GAMES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland12 February 2018
Everyday life in Sky City Casino are very entertaining.The Management and staff treat you with respect and integrity. In my 17yrs experience at the Auckland branch has brought more skill in my life to help not only nurture myself but to teach, respect and nurture all walks of life that wish to have a future in such a pristine attraction.
The most I enjoyed of Sky City is the people I met and the staff.
Pros
Training, meetings, off site entertainment
Cons
Going to work on your day off.
Culturally diverse and fun place to be
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland30 January 2018
Great place to be in with supportive staff and team leaders. Greater opportunity learn and develop your career. attention do detail work and trained to deliver world-class service
Awesome amazing views
Casual Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland city8 January 2018
I loved working as a cleaner I find my self very good at it as well. I enjoyed cleaning meeting others I had a blast working at sky city the months I was here for.
Pros
Free things
Cons
Dirty rooms
fun fun fun
Food and Beverage Gaming Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland24 November 2017
great place to work with loads of opportunity when you work hard for it. Training in was fun but being on the other end of having to train others, although was a fabulous chance to share what you know was distracting to the normal day to day tasks. As it was very much a on the job learning environment.
Pros
2.50 meals
Cons
Busy working environment, challenging and fun
Hotel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland24 November 2017
I enjoyed the day to day tasks I was given at my previous job, so many opportunities to further my career within the business.
With great optimism there is nothing that cannot be accomplished at SKYCITY. I really did enjoy my time there and my Management team were very supportive of my role not only in the job, but as a mother. They gave me great allowance of having my daughter come through for her feeds which made my transition going back into work so much easier and more enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits of buffet lunches at $2.50, people, busy and challenging environment, hours
Cons
Too far from where I stay and traffic in and out of town
Very Diverse Environment and Fun
Kitchen Operations (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 November 2017
Work life at SKYCITY is very fun there is a new thing to learn each day always have the chance to work as the team and great benefits for the staff. overall good career opportunity to work in SKYCITY
Pros
Diverse Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Fun workplace
Table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 October 2017
Good Work Environment
Lots to learns New Skills
Good Management
Good Benefits and salary
good opportunity to meet new people and maintain good relation ship
Pros
Good Staff Discount and benefits
Cons
Night Shift hours are a bit of hassle
This job is for those who are seeking career advancement in Hospitality field
Busser/Bar hand (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 October 2017
Working at Skycity is awesome, they a lot of benefits even for casual employees. They have a floor dedicated only for employees, they provide heavily discounted buffet meals that are always healthy, they also provide shuttle services for everyone to make sure that they go home safe and sound.

Working on the floor in the casino is really exciting you never know whats gonna happen next, at one point you're working at a bar then the next you're on the other one helping them out. Learning things about drinks and learning skills from the bartender from many different bars are the highlight of this job. They even provide a lot of opportunities for everyone such as card dealer school and chef apprenticeships.
Pros
Cheap and healthy buffet, Shuttle service, Multiple career option
Everyday learning with fun & enjoyment
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland16 October 2017
Every day is new in the Casino; meeting variety of Players from different Ethnicities. Try to learn new languages and understand the needs of players. The management is very supportive and seniors with colleagues are friendly and helpful.

The hardest part is standing for all the time on Floor, but I enjoy working in Fun Environment
Pros
Insurancebenefits; friendly and helpful staff, 24 hours canteen, staff parking.
Cons
standing for long hours
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland5 October 2017
Housekeeping work is challenging job cos we need to meet hotel requirements. Fun working in Skycity
Learnt to be more sharp and fast moving
Management is good and take care staff welfare
Work place is awesome
To meet the timing during busy time
Meeting many different type people
fast and enjoyment
JR.SOUS CHEF (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 August 2017
busy work place, manage big man force, work on pressure, love brunch. communicate with staff, lead staff, organise and manataince kitchen. file health and safety procedure. training staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
enough job years
Its good . You meet different staff from different culture different country
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Center aukland city20 July 2017
Fun working place. you meet lots of good different people sll over the world . its a perfect place to come and visit when u come to Auckland City. In the skycity it has everything from a good hotels restaurants bars and cafes. A tower were u can look around the city views. And most of all the wonderful services from the skycity staff that will give u a lasting and memorable ecperience
Pros
Cons
Normsl