Smith & Smith
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Smith & Smith Employee Reviews

New Zealand7 reviews
The first 2 weeks of training at Smith & Smith were quite challenging. There was a lot of information that we needed to learn. Going live on the phones was a thrilling experience. However, there were always people around that you could ask for help. Everyone at Smith & Smith is friendly and it feels like you're working with family.
Worked at smith and smith in Whangarei New Zealand and it was the best job I ever had, it was the team that made it a great job, our boss would regularly buy us lunch or do BBQ’s for lunch, morning tea inscentives and we had Christmas bonuses, and it was always a happy place to work even if we had massively busy days, as it was one of the busiest workshops in the county.
No respect for work life balance, understaffed and expect their staff to bend over backwards every single day without reward.

Toxic cliquey atmosphere and management out to get everyone.

Fussy about every aspect of the job. Treat grown adults like children with a "do as you're told or go somewhere else" attitude. Honestly do go somewhere else this place sucks.
Pros
Going home (eventually)
Cons
good workplace and enviroment but managed by inexperienced and lacklustre personnel . chasing madcap figures and expecting personnel to lower working standards to meet these figures in search of bonuses
Pros
good conditions
Cons
poor management
Daily expectation is reviewing customer feedback, demand management, workforce deployment.
Review of performance data and understand gaps and opportunities.

Understanding business trends and challenging results.look for improvements by networking colleges across business.

Coaching and influencing of reports.
Pros
Freedom to trial business opportunities
Cons
Work life balance was not that good
It is clear to you on whats expected of you which makes it easy to do as required and exceed expectations.
I've learnt to work at such a high class, learnt how to respect others and to notice my flaws and work to improve them. making my weaknesses into my strengths.
Pros
Chances to travel the country and world
Cons
Long hours in summer
A great place to work in a very informative, friendly & off course a really busy atmosphere. My co-workers were really helpful, enthusiastic & hard working.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Smith & Smith?