Smith.ai

Smith.ai Employee Reviews

4.5Work–Life Balance

Good place to work, great people

Working at Smith.ai has been a very good experience. Reasonable pay, flexible schedule, and a great work environment. Even though it's remote, I feel heard and understood. Management is very open to feedback.

15 September 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do. We appreciate hearing about your experience here at Smith.ai and how much you enjoyed working with us. We have had some pretty amazing growth this past year and we appreciate our team sticking with us as we navigate those growing pains. We encourage you to continue to reach out to the team if you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve.

Amazing place to work

Of all the places I've worked at, this is by far the best. There are several opportunities for growth and they all are at a short term. Since it is a company that is continously growing, there are frequent changes that help make the job easier, but at the same time it provides different options that will allow you to have more responsibilities, and even make a change yourself from the inside. There's constant feedback to achieve professional growth, and what's more important, your achievements are acknowledged and praised.

Pros

Great professional environment

8 July 2022

Best work-from-home job for anyone living in Mexico!

Smith.ai changed the way I felt about working from home in a remote position. I had terrible experiences with outsourcing companies who made me feel worthless. I honestly felt like I was just another robot working for them. Here at Smith.ai, I'm treated as a person, I feel valued and respected as their employee. As a husband and a father of two, I feel blessed to be able to be around my family, not to mention the time and money saved on commuting, I love it!

Pros

Work from home, great salary.

Cons

No ''prestaciones de ley'', since you are hired as a freelancer.

Fast-paced and exciting place to work!

Smith.ai is a fantastic company to work for! The interviewers, trainers, receptionist team leaders and overall team of receptionist agents are welcoming, friendly and encouraging. The support staff is knowledgeable and readily able to assist. The company is flexible with scheduling and very thorough and informative in all aspects of the position. The job is fast-paced, fun and exciting. I feel very blessed to be a part of the Smith.ai team!

24 June 2022

Never working outside the home again!

I love working for Smith, though it was a fluke that I found the company over a year ago. I can't say enough good things about working here! Management offers the best support, you get more praise and kudos than from any in office company I have ever worked for, the opportunities to move into different departments and learn new things are amazing, and even though we work remotely, the management teams are great at finding even the smallest ways of bringing us all together. The pay is great too considering I never have to leave my house, so there's no added stress on travel, no inner office drama, no wear and tear on my car, and I have as many and as much coffee breaks and snack breaks as I have food in my kitchen.

3 June 2022

Used to be great but lost it's flair

This company had a world of potential, and I'd say that yes.. it still does. However, the whole vibe has changed. Being a receptionist is fine, especially for what you are paid. However, be mindful when approaching what they call "specialty roles". They expect you to continue being a receptionist while completing 30+ hours of your specialty team role. Unless you're on a team that matters maybe a bit more. They advised us this was temporary at the beginning of the year but now we are headed into mid-spring, working on calls and still having to keep up with our regular roles. They then expect us to "stress manage" instead of you know, resolving the problem and reducing the time we are doing two jobs in the same day. I'd also be mindful when approaching management about concerns. I would never say that the entire management team is bad because I don't know them all. Some concerns go nowhere at all and then other concerns are only brought up as a goal for you during review times. Not okay. Concerns are meant to provide feedback and assist with becoming better at your job. Instead, they take your concern and reverse it as feedback by twisting up the narrative-- turning your concern into your "opportunity for growth".

6 July 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do.We respect that this is an anonymous process but we care about how our processes affect anyone and everyone working with Smith.ai whether that be positive or negative. Regarding your comments, we are saddened to hear that you feel your concerns are not handled with the utmost care by management. We take employee feedback seriously and hope that your experience does not deter you to continue the open communication that we promote within Smith.ai. As we stated before, communication is vital for our company and with the launch of our Engagement platform we hope to provide even more opportunities to share your feedback with us. This open channel of communication helps grow our business and also the relationship with our employees. It's also no secret that we have had some pretty amazing growth this past year which has led us to reevaluate how we function within Smith.ai. If this has caused the “vibe” to change, we are sorry you feel that way. With any growth, there are growing pains, and we hope we use the lessons learned to create a more positive environment than a negative one. We are always open to feedback on how we can do better so please let us know. Lastly, our Specialty Team members are the backbone of our back-of-the-house operations and who we count on as a company. Your -

A entirely new and different way

Smith.ai is very different from every call center I've ever worked for. They have a different outlook on things, that is geared more toward the employee, making sure the employee and the company are the right fit, that you are happy within the company, that you get everything you need in order to succeed within the company, even if it could potentially be to their own detriment.As far as the interview process, it is very easy and relaxed. They want you to succeed, and give you everything you could possibly need to make it happen. You will typically have between one and three interviews, depending on how were ll, or not so well, you do. You meet one-on-one with your interviewer/coach. The way mine went, we each talked a little bit about our pasts and our current lives. Then, you would do a few mock calls, with the interviewer playing the caller. You aren't allowed to break character during the I have to say, I truly believe I've found a wonderful place to work!

Pros

flexibility in your schedule, support from management, growth possibilities

Cons

I haven't found any yet

19 May 2022

Great place to work! Friendly staff and flexible schedules

Everyone is always willing to help with any situation, support staff is always friendly. There is always room for growth and job openings! The schedules are always flexible, you can do overtime if you want.

19 April 2022

Smith.ai is an amazing place to work with great people and opportunities.

Smith.ai is an amazing place to work with great people and opportunities. I am enjoyed everything about Smith and have learned so much. I am excited to continue in this company and grow if possible.

14 April 2022

A great place to work from the get-go!

I have been working at Smith for the last 8 months and I couldn't be happier. The professionalism is preached and practiced at this company and that is what I value the most when getting a job.

A very pleasant place to work, with a couple of hiccups here and there / Un muy placentero lugar para trabajar, con un par de tropezones aquí y allá.

Pros:- Very pleasant work environment, with tons of friendly people eager to share and offer any help you might need.- Completely remote work, no commute!- Great leadership. If you need any kind of assistance or clarification, there will always be someone willing to help you out.- A very rewarding workplace. Absolutely no burnout, and challenging enough to make it fun. The learning curve might be steep at the start, but with just enought time, everything starts feeling like a walk in the park.- Quite flexible schedule. The workplace is also very understanding of emergencies and coverage requests.Cons:- Given that it's a growing business, some changes to the duties you perform might be sudden.- Depending on where you live, compensation might be slightly low. Bonuses and tangible rewards could definitely be better.- No paid time off.

8 April 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do.We appreciate hearing about your experience here at Smith.ai and how much you enjoyed working with us. We have had some pretty amazing growth and we appreciate our team sticking with us as we navigate those growing pains. We encourage you to continue to reach out to the team if you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve.

Friendly and healthy work environment that is constantly seeking new ways to improve in a manner that benefits us all, especially their employees.

The hardest part could be when the workload gets a little heavy from time to time. It isn't something that happens often because everyone is willing to pitch in and help. We all work great as a team. I am very grateful that I work in a place where it feels like management doesn't forget that their employees are humans. They do their best to find ways to compensate us and motivate us to perform better. I appreciate the balance that they aim for to try and keep everyone conformable yet productive.

Pros

Monetary compensation for your performance, work from home, flexible schedules, friendly work environment

Cons

short breaks

1 April 2022

Smith.ai is great!

I love working at Smith.ai! I have learned so much in the short time I've been here. I can't wait to see what's in store for me! They have great schedule flexibility. You can pick up shifts, drop shifts and everyone is so nice and helpful.

29 March 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do. We appreciate hearing about your experience here at Smith.ai and how much you enjoyed working with us. We encourage you to continue to reach out to the team if you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve.

Great as a side gig, don’t bother as a full time job.

Up front: they start you at $15/hour and if they promote you to an RTL, which means you will be supervisor of up to 12 other agents which is an ENORMOUS additional work load, you only get a dollar raise. Insultingly low. For a company that is very transparent in most ways, their transparency regarding growth and compensation for “promotions” is almost nonexistent. There is also no paid time off; no personal days, no sick leave, no vacation pay, not a single hour of any type of paid time off.For these reasons, this isn’t what you want to be doing for a full time job. But for a flexible side gig? Go for it. They are also quite micro-manage-y if you have to go offline briefly to clarify something with support or update a pros instructions. Now that we’ve gotten the bad out of the way, there is a lot of good! The culture is very welcoming and friendly. There is always someone to ask if you have a question or need advice. There are plenty of resources provided so you often can find your own answers to questions and don’t even need help! I also appreciate that we don’t use scripts so we don’t have to sound like robots when we’re on calls.They do want you to succeed and there are ample opportunities for growth. They also welcome feedback about the platform, the way calls work, instructions, and policies, although there’s no way to do it anonymously, or else I think there would be a lot more complaints about pay and lack of benefits. There’s a lot to like about Smith, but there’s also a lot of room for improvement.

6 July 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do.Smith.ai has had tremendous growth over the years and while our company started off as a way for people to bring in extra money, we have become a company focused on providing career opportunities for both part-time and full-time workers. We’ve also taken our team member's feedback to heart and we’re happy to say we’ve recently launched our new Engagement program. With this program, our leadership can accurately gauge what we’re doing well and where we can improve while providing 100% confidentiality for our team members. We hope that with our new Engagement Surveys and a focus on employee development, we can fulfill our employee's desires to make Smith.ai a career-minded place of employment. Regarding your comments about the specialty team duties and pay, we hope that you will reach out to your manager on what we can do to improve your working experience with us.

Friendly and supportive work environment

I have only been working for Smith.ai for a few weeks now and it is already a great place to work! Everyone I have talked to within the company is super friendly and supportive and has been since the very beginning. The interview process was short and they get you started on training as soon as you're ready. They really try to accommodate you and your hours available. So far it has been great and I feel lucky to have the opportunity to work from home.

29 March 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do. We appreciate hearing about your experience here at Smith.ai and the interview process. We encourage you to continue to reach out to the team if you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve.

Healthy work environment.

I love working for Smith.ai. The company really cares for their employees. There's a lot of support from upper management. We are constantly given tools to make our jobs easier. Schedules are pretty flexible. You can apply for a hire position within six months of working for the company.

Pros

Schedules, support, part time and full time available, calm work environment

Cons

Healthcare

Outstanding work environment

I've been a part of Smith.ai for the past 8 months. I really cannot praise this company enough. I've been blessed with the opportunity to work in a very friendly and professional environment where it really shows everyone works towards a common goal. We can all see the potential that this company has and it feels like every single employee wants for us to be as successful as possible. Management is so easy to work with and seems to always be positive about things which is huge to me as I have been employed in companies where the bosses are very toxic. This is not the case here. It is demanding because we strive for greatness but if you like to work hard and work as a team you will do great here!

24 March 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do. We appreciate hearing about your experience here at Smith.ai and how much you enjoyed working with us. We have had some pretty amazing growth and we appreciate our team sticking with us as we navigate those growing pains. We encourage you to continue to reach out to the team if you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve

Great Place to Work from Home!

Everybody has been very friendly from the first interview to the day you officially join the team and beyond. Quality is preferred over quantity and that demonstrates the real value we provide on each call. There are many opportunities for growth and periodic raises are given based on performance and longevity with the company. I feel fortunate to be part of this great team!

Pros

Great Pay, Flexible Hours, Work-Life Balance.

Cons

Learn legal practice areas fast.

23 March 2022

Comfortable and Reliable Job

Comfortable, reliable, and consistent work. Opportunities for specialty positions. There is an ample amount of flexibility and a great work/life balance.

Pros

work/life balance, support, flexibile schedule

Cons

room for growth and advancement-settling into a career

23 March 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do. We appreciate hearing about your experience here at Smith.ai. We have had some pretty amazing growth this past year and we appreciate our team sticking with us as we navigate those growing pains. We encourage you to continue to reach out to the team if you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve.

Great workplace

Smith is a great place to work overall. The team is very supportive and is always there to help quickly. The pay is more than fair and they are very comprehensive when situations arise. There are a few back-to-back calls during some periods of the day. I believe management could be more strict on callouts since callouts tend to cause back-to-back calls leaving the people who stay dealing with more. I also would like to reference that now that the company is growing I feel that the company is being more strict on mistakes. That's good because as receptionists we can't be making mistakes. I just feel that some mistakes aren't really mistakes but they still count and aren't taken off even if it shows you did the correct thing and the mistake was due to whoever reviewed the summary read and understood it wrong. I believe these mistakes will affect the next employee review. Anyways to wrap it up Smith is great I just think that Smith is slowly changing and losing that small family company feel which I hope doesn't happen. Join the team this review isn't meant to detour anyone!

1 April 2022
Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do.We respect that this is an anonymous process but we care how our program affects anyone and everyone working with Smith.ai whether that be positive or negative. The company is constantly striving for improvement and quality, and as such, taking feedback into consideration from both our clients and agents alike. We aim to maintain a good balance between making sure we provide quality service to our clients and also making sure their expectations align with what we can provide to them. Of course, giving our agents feedback is important as that's how they'll grow. Rest assured that we don't just take feedback directly from our clients and immediately approach our agents with it. It goes through a very detailed triaging process in which our number one goal is to improve the quality of profiles and agents. Aiming for improvement is a company-wide goal, starting from our virtual receptionists, all the way up to management. Our agent's review process not only relies on what could have been done differently while on a call, but also so many other aspects of the job. Smith will continue to work toward making every team member feel valued and connected as part of a smaller RTL team in the midst of a growing company.

A great option if you need to work from home and have schedule flexibility.

I love working at Smith.ai! It has given me a lot of time flexibility to spend on my hobbies and house tasks. Everyone on the team from management to my fellow agents is super nice and welcoming and I've made many friends while working here. The work is very straightforward and there is a company-wide sense of supportiveness that I had not experienced before.

18 March 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smith.ai. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Smith.ai