SolarCity Employee Reviews

3.4Pay & Benefits
2.8Job Security & Advancement
Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 1,503 reviews
Was far better for sales reps when it was SolarCIty
Field Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  EAST COAST26 January 2018
Started when it was the 'wild west' stage of selling: anything goes as long as it didn't violate guidelines/laws, etc, and it didn't compromise the name and integrity of company. The mindset was if you can think of a way to reach a customer, THEN DO IT!

Management(especially my hiring/first manager) was highly supportive of just go out, have fun, make some sales and enjoy your life/family. Work as much as you want or as little (but you better make your numbers!).

And then Tesla bought the company and woke me out of a dream come true. Tesla is geared to the West Coast mindset that it's name will be good enough to sell. They don't very much like sales people, much less need to compensate them. On the East Coast: good luck with that.

It's just when it starts to make the sales people look back in fondness of the good ol' days, rather than in the potential excitement for the new day, well, it's really time to pick up and move on...
Pros
All the good stuff when I first joined...
Cons
Tesla bought them and changed everything...
productive
Electrician (Former Employee) –  east coast28 September 2017
once we get to work we would load up the truck with the right equipment depending on the size of the house we were working on. then when we got there we would unload and start to install the solar panels while i put up the inverter and set up the conduit pipe to the roof.
Disappointing Workplace
Outreach Sales Member/After-Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Auckland22 December 2016
Terrible work environment, all the good people have left..

They sell to everyone they can without actually identifying a benefit. Like all the others.
Pros
Easy work environment, no real accountability.
Cons
Horrible people and work ethic.
Innovative and at the cutting edge of technology
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Iron Bank, Auckland Central13 October 2015
When I started with Solarcity in Auckland it had little in the way of any market penetration. I started with solar hot water and grew the market. Solarcity's Thermocell product is one of the worlds finest, a world leader. Solar PV also had no presence in the market at that time and it was a pleasure and a privilege to be able to grow that market to become more of an everyday product for consumers. I had excellent technical support, these are very technical products and require care.
Pros
Exciting, innovative, and leading the change
Cons
Battling power companies resistance to changing environment
No job security, regardless of anything
Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East Coast2 January 2015
Came on in a management role and after 15 months of highly dedicated work and success, I was released as a new Director came in with a "New" direction. I bleed this company sacrificing being on the road 4 days out of the week and growing the region. No loyalty in this company. If you're willing to sacrifice all of your core values and self integrity, you'll do fine here. Otherwise, I recommend you stay away. Trust me.
Pros
paint a good picture, good product
Cons
no loyalty, quick to part ways with personnel, do not care about you as an employee, just youre producing for them