South Canterbury District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
South Canterbury District Health Board Employee Review

I have to agree with the two previous reviews. I have worked in Nz & o/seas agency nursing etc. I have NEVER seen anything like it.

25 January 2019
Terrible place! Nothing to do and very unusual people who don’t get out much or relate at all to new comers to town. If you have to go there have very low expectations....
28 October 2019
Same location
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) - Timaru City, Canterbury
I don't really know what to say - it's a busy and varied role. I love the people I work with, the colleagues and patients. No two days are the same and you never know quite what to expect
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Inadequate training and oversight
15 June 2015
Same location
Nursing (Former Employee) - Timaru
Nursing managers are all friends and have worked their way up the ladder since about 1975. Back stabbing is most important in the daily meetings. Very clicky culture for new nurses to fit in and don't even think about suggesting a new way of doing things. Very low morale and the crème de la crème of bullies exist here. You get the feeling you have walked into 1985 (attitude and ideas).
Not much going for this place if current clinical managers retain their jobs.
Pros
Easy parking -30 second walk to work.
Cons
High Nurse patient workloads. Standard of nursing low as managers are terrible role models.
14 April 2016
Nurse (DN), Geraldine., Temuka (Former Employee) - Pleasant Point
I cannot in all honesty recommend this DHB for employment.I
Enjoyed my time away from the environment as I was a DN,this kept me somewhat sane.