South Pacific Meats

South Pacific Meats Culture reviews

New Zealand14 reviews

Clear
3.2Work–Life Balance

- everyday was good start of the morning - i have learned how to use knife and other jobs - management was slow its all depend on workers - the hardest part was when you start something new but the supervisior or work mate doesn't teach you properly - most enjoyable part is when everyone is happy and talk to eachother rather then be quite

Fun workplace

7a.m to 5.00 p.m shift for season Off season 3.00 pm to 11.00 p.mLearnt how to use knifeManagement is good Work culture is bit smelly but you will learn how to handle that.

Pros

Lamb leg on christmas

Cons

Hours Summer

Fast faced and physical

At South Pacific Meats i learnt very quickly to work within a team environment with some great people which made it an enjoyable work place. Hardest part of the job was to meet certain deadlines with hefty work loads but always made the deadlines with the good team we had.

Dangerous environment

I worked here for a day and half, that was enough for me to see just how their Health and Safety culture was going to seriously injure someone or even kill someone.. I picked up my toolbox and walked out after telling engineering manager that I had a family that needed me alive so I got out while I could. seeing the rescue helicopter arrive to take someone seriously injured away from site was the final deciding factor in my decision.

Pros

Cons

dangerous health and safety culture, pay way below market pay rates

Fun and manageable

I loved working here it was one of the best jobs i have ever had A normal fun day was long and tirering but i learned that if u put your mind to something u can do it. I learned to manage myself and work unsupervised. It was an amazing space to be in the worst and hardest part of the jobs is running after sheep if the got out but thebest part was doing the job with great employees

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

Standing on your feet all day

Fun Experience

Loved working here! Great team, Made some Life time friends, Learned new things everyday, Management could be more fair on some things but they are good people.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

management

fun workplace, good co-workers

Fun work place, good co-workers, but would like all year round work to provide for my family.

a good team to work with

i have had the good luck of working it some fantastic teams while working at spm

Pros

team players

Cons

team players

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Pacific Meats. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• South Pacific Meats