Southern Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Work without pressure
Part-Time Tutor (SIT2LRN) (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland21 July 2018
SIT2LRN division s a good place to work in terms of flexibility and freedom. There is a good coordination with the program manager and he is very supportive.
Easy going and fast pacer wokplace
CASUAL CALL CENTRE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland7 March 2018
the other staff members are easy to work with and have a caring nature. the workplace is tidy and the environment is pleasant to work in. the supervisor is super nice
Pros
free coffee
Cons
sitting to long
Personal challenges every day
Part time Tutor (IT Project Management) (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland4 September 2017
Every day is challenging due to the self innovative working environment.
The tutors learns something every day and they needs to improve their skills by themselves constantly follow the new trends.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Fantastic Opportunities
Digital Film and Photography Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland23 August 2017
This company can be a very rewarding place to work at. They give anyone, willing to further themselves, a huge opportunity for betterment. A highly recommended employer
Pros
Great opportunities within the role of a Tutor
Encouraging environment.
Gym Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland7 December 2016
While spending the last three years studying Sport and Exercise, and working in the gym for the last year as a gym supervisor, I have found Southern Institute of Technology to have a great team to work with. it was a pleasure working for them.
learning environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, S10 August 2015
I was the only female in a group of 13 students, 2 of us were over 40, amidst a range of education levels. I really enjoyed this course, and am thinking of enlisting in another, to further my building knowledge and skills.
Tutoring adult students and giving direction
Tutor & Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, New Zealand26 September 2014
Very hard but rewarding work. Tutored 3.5 days per week, .5 days as program manager and 1 day as office work relating to program teaching. Great to of had a competent team as I did as some program managers had lots of trouble with their team members.

The hardest part of the job was the paperwork involved in this industry.

Wonderful tutoring adult students and giving direction knowing they were going to take their studies into their future.
Pros
Satisfying
Cons
Long hours outside of working hours
Productive and has a friendly working enviornment
BOOKSHOP ASSISTANT SIT BOOKSHOP (Current Employee) –  Invercargill,9 April 2014
I am working as a casual staff at the moment and covering few hours hence I am not in a position to comment on this. I find my immediate supervisor is a very friendly and flexible individual hence I find it very easy to finish work assigned to me.
Pros
New Experience
Cons
N/a
Good Timing
Archiving Assistant (Former Employee) –  DownTown, Invercargill4 August 2012
This position was great in that it is within the field of my studies but also allowed me to work around study hours, with no set required daily hours as long as deadlines were met.
Pros
work times scheduled around study
Cons
contract completed in half the time allocation with no more work to complete.