Spark
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spark Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland22 reviews
gain more knowledge about different type. of customer. know more about technology, learn different tools, get the chance to solve the customer problem. get good Inps sore by the customer by giving them wright service to satisfy them.
Good place to work with friendly environment only healthy competition but want to build myself so seeking for opportunities to grab that so that I can gain more knowledge.
Overall Spark was fine, but during y tenure spark was going through restructure. All of that was ok but the new management that they made things worst for people who were performing great.

New commission structure was very demotivating. People who were promoted for manager actually had no idea what they were doing. They made themselves look stupid on numerous occasions.

I don't blame spark for those changes, as they had to do something to compete in the market.

Only the new management in later part of my job was terrible, that is why i left the company.
Frequent restructuring, Constant change is leadership strategy, Poor employee retention policy. Absoutely no stability on the role or the responsibility. Poor work culture
Good culture and work/life balance but salary is definitely under industry standard.

- a place that you can learn a lot.

- most of people are adorable but everything is operating too slow.
Pros
good culture
Cons
low pay
Flexible working hours and great colleges to work with, A typical day can involve many and varied technical challenges and is a great place to experience and learn new technology.
Management do a good job of communicating the strategy, values and goals but staff are not valued or supported in terms of commitment to ongoing growth and development.

While staff are loyal to the company the company shows no loyalty to staff.
Pros
Good salary & benefits package
Cons
Staff undervalued. Little commitment to ongoing career development
First day at the job and all the staff members were really welcoming and helping me out as much as possible. The work ethics are so diverse at Spark and I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
No set workspaces
Great people to work with, lots of opportunities for internal career progression. Benefits are decent. Flexible working hours and environment. Its been fun working there.
Productive, excellent learning. Employee oriented. Good work life balance. poor management organization. Good place to learn telecom domain knowledge.
Its a fun place to work.
You get all the credit for the work you do.

Flexible client.

Encouraging team leads/managers.

Have learned a lot.

Knowledge sharing sessions are arranged frequently.

Working for extra long hours continuously is a drawback.
Pros
Recognitions and credit for your work, free sponsorships/prizes
Cons
Extra long hours
I'm active hard worker, reliable, honest punctual. I get some harsh calls sometimes but I try my best. Sometimes put customer on hold till I sort myself out then get back to them.
I learn new things most days when sorting out different customer's problems.

It is a big company and great to work with different cultures. Most enjoyable time is when I fix any of our customer's problems. and having my break and catch up with team mates and my manager.
Pros
Free coffee and milk
Cons
We do 8hrs a day
Work is challenging and allow you to be part of innovative solutions implemented by company. It keeps you up to date with technologies and progresses you to move forward
Pros
Free broadband credit and mobile services
Spark is currently going through some very complex management in infrastructural changes, this has made the working environment fractured.
The people who work there are however very willing and capable, and they work hard towards the common goal.
No 2 days are the same. You learn everyday issues which makes the role exciting and challenging. The people are family which makes the job fun and most importantly treat each other with care and respect.
I have been with SPARK for 17 years. During these years, I have gained knowledge, friends and precious memories. I enjoyed working in SPARK because we can work at home once a week. My co-workers are very accommodating and we have known each other for so long. The most enjoyable part of my job is I handle the Main Bank Account of SPARK so my position is very important to the company. The hardest part of the job is when there are reconciling items in the Bank that needs to be cleared and investigated at once.
Pros
free telephone concessions and bonuses
Cons
hard processes since they change the procedure
Good place to work along with some supportive colleagues. A bit of politics involved with higher management but i tried to stay out of it. Good place to work if you wanted to show your potential and had an apptitude for more work.
Competitive Environment
fast paced

challenging

no two days are same.

good paymasters

good move from Telecom to SPARK

highly rewarding
Spark is great place to work. Great perks. Great culture. Great work mates. Dealing with customers is what I love and I get to do that here on a daily basis.
Pros
Commission, Awesome work mates, Great perks
Organisation management is unstable. Few team players but too many managers in authority. You are expected to do all the tasks.Good diverse technologies.
Pros
Good concession
Cons
Politics
Variety of work is good.
Learned IP skills and access technology mainly.

Management can be unreasonable sometimes.

Co-workers are good but not all are team players.

The hours are hard. i.e 24/7 shift work.

The best part of the job is fixing stuff and helping Customers.
Pros
Penal rates for shift work.
Cons
Expectation to fix a technology you are not trained in enough.
The most enjoyable part of the work is working on the latest technology