Spark
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spark Employee Reviews in Hamilton, Waikato

Hamilton, Waikato7 reviews
Depends what role you have
The culture at Spark changes hugely depending where in the company you work. In sales or customer service it is very structured, breaks are taken at an exact time, your targets are difficult and you are chastised for any form of fun really. When you move beyond the entry level sales and customer service and begin to experience more of the business you get to see it's worth the benefits of working here, the staff are great and usually the hours can be flexible. Once you get off the ground floor easy 4/5
Fun & learning place to work
I was looking to work and excel in field of sales and customer services & looking for successful and challenging career related my study and my focus to grow and develop in the current business scenario by utilising my skills, experiences and qualifications. As I am very target oriented, self-motivated and hard working person; and desire to achieve my goals within the given time frame with quality. So I found SPARK NZ as a perfect package for me to enhance my skills. Great company to work for and great work culture with weekly incentives.
Poor Direct management
Job involved answering incoming calls from residential customers, resolving billing issues and up selling to other spark products and services. I learned the art of adjusted your personality to meet your clients. I felt under appreciated by direct management which played a part in the decision to seek other opportunities. Due to poor management the culture was becoming less engaged as my people were finding employment elsewhere. The hardest part of the job was not feeling valued especially when you are a high achiever. I did however enjoy the sales conversations and meeting new people.
Pros
Spark credit
Cons
direct management
Productive professional workplace
typical day at work consisted of coffee, Reading emails from co-workers plus customers and follow up on any queries, Take calls directly from customers for 8 hours
Pros
Fruit Day, Pressy Card Vouchers
Cons
Weird hours, Low quality office euiptment
Great place to work and always new things to learn
There really is no typically day at work always new challenges. I learned a lot about customer service and learning peoples needs to really understanding about the way they live there life in order to make the best decisions possible for them. Its always great to work in a team and everyone is always supportive to helping you grow and gain more knowledge. the satisfaction i got from the job is doing the best i could and making customers happy.
Pros
free internet and phone services
Cons
Not always being given correct information
Overall Review
Average work place. Good place for the beginners. Balanced work life culture. Little room for growth and development. Overall average company to work with.
Pros
Average work culture
Cons
Poor management
it was productive
This job was work experience for school, i went to a few meetings and learnt basic design infrastructure.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spark?