Spark
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spark Employee Reviews in Wellington City, Wellington

Wellington City, Wellington5 reviews
With Monday and Friday in Wellington, and Tuesday thru Thursday in Auckland as the on site face of Spark, was full on.
As well as the normal PM functions the role included:

- Providing Spark work safe requirements to subcontractors

-Chairing daily early morning tool box meetings and reporting on these meetings to a large stakeholder audience

-finding solutions to unusual problems caused by the customer environment, the complexity of the solution and a myriad of political issues

- turned around the work place culture to become a collaborative supportive team

-keeping the team focused on achieving the outcome as requirements and priorities changed.

-Completing the work and the feedback from all parties of the value I added.
Your job will change every 6 months, possibly becoming redundant. Good company to work for if you can cope with uncertainty. Know people who have stayed for 20 years!
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Re-orgs
Spark culture is management centered and you can expect little or no support. Employee surveys appear to get used against staff who don't rate Spark well.

The manager I had was a bully I thought, and left me unsupported on many occasions.

If you are thinking about working for Spark, I caution you, they pay poorly, and are very demanding and unpleasant.
Pros
Cons
Lomg hours, poor pay, arrogant managers
Happy and Busy enviroment
Learnt a new role and a new system positively and confidently.

All managerment staff great and co-workers supportive

If anything was hard to action you were able to get a better understanding and support from your co-workers.

Enjoying the job meant you were able to succeed confidently with the challanges set and able to learn more every month.
Pros
supportive and strong team players
Cons
nothing to be honest
Start my day with a cup of tea at work, Then my team leader invite the whole team for briefing. After that we go in the work van, to do sales. We try to achieve our daily targets. Later we check the contracts and send them to back office to sign up customers.
Pros
trips, going different cities.
Cons
struggle for sales and customer's complaints.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spark?