Spark
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Spark Employee Review

Fun & learning place to work

18 November 2018
I was looking to work and excel in field of sales and customer services & looking for successful and challenging career related my study and my focus to grow and develop in the current business scenario by utilising my skills, experiences and qualifications. As I am very target oriented, self-motivated and hard working person; and desire to achieve my goals within the given time frame with quality. So I found SPARK NZ as a perfect package for me to enhance my skills. Great company to work for and great work culture with weekly incentives.
11 January 2019
Same role
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Canterbury
Advantage - Decent Salary, Good benefit, insurance

Disadvantage- Not much development, Not really good management. lots of pressure.

Dealing with angry customer's, some time they swear at you(You don't get salary for that). I sell lots and I am one of they best sale's man in the store. I been working for spark almost 4 years. The management not giving me any chance to improve as development in career.

This job is for students or someone who wants to do part time.

I love technology, love phones and computer's. I love to sell the latest technologies and share the knowledge to customers. but company wants as to sell more accessories than phones, which is really hard for me as because I passionate about phones rather than accessories like speaker, head set and etc
Cons
24 January 2020
Same location
Fault Coordinator (Current Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
The culture at Spark changes hugely depending where in the company you work. In sales or customer service it is very structured, breaks are taken at an exact time, your targets are difficult and you are chastised for any form of fun really. When you move beyond the entry level sales and customer service and begin to experience more of the business you get to see it's worth the benefits of working here, the staff are great and usually the hours can be flexible. Once you get off the ground floor easy 4/5
25 March 2018
Same location
Customer Services Rep (Sales) (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Job involved answering incoming calls from residential customers, resolving billing issues and up selling to other spark products and services. I learned the art of adjusted your personality to meet your clients. I felt under appreciated by direct management which played a part in the decision to seek other opportunities. Due to poor management the culture was becoming less engaged as my people were finding employment elsewhere. The hardest part of the job was not feeling valued especially when you are a high achiever. I did however enjoy the sales conversations and meeting new people.
Pros
Spark credit
Cons
direct management