Spark
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spark Employee Reviews

Complex, difficult, fulfilling
With Monday and Friday in Wellington, and Tuesday thru Thursday in Auckland as the on site face of Spark, was full on.
As well as the normal PM functions the role included:

- Providing Spark work safe requirements to subcontractors

-Chairing daily early morning tool box meetings and reporting on these meetings to a large stakeholder audience

-finding solutions to unusual problems caused by the customer environment, the complexity of the solution and a myriad of political issues

- turned around the work place culture to become a collaborative supportive team

-keeping the team focused on achieving the outcome as requirements and priorities changed.

-Completing the work and the feedback from all parties of the value I added.
Spark New Zealand
Good company to work for. Flexible work situation.
Spark NZ
Great workplace environment, very diverse. I would definitely recommend working here, development growth. Management is great as well and you will not regret it.
Productive workplace
I found that spark overall is a good place to work.
The management and other workers are relatively friendly and productive in general. However the hours are bad and the pay is minimal.
Challenging technical environment to learn & develop skills
Flexible working hours and great colleges to work with, A typical day can involve many and varied technical challenges and is a great place to experience and learn new technology.
Management do a good job of communicating the strategy, values and goals but staff are not valued or supported in terms of commitment to ongoing growth and development.

While staff are loyal to the company the company shows no loyalty to staff.
Pros
Good salary & benefits package
Cons
Staff undervalued. Little commitment to ongoing career development
very fun place to work, great people
The Staff at Spark Business Hub Dunedin are a great bunch of people to be around, I enjoy working with them when I am needed. I enjoy working there because everyone gets along
Pros
free lunch usually
Cons
only called in like once a month
Good environment with good benefits
No two same days. Good environment for development in sale career. Good bonus with good management. However, the sale target is stressful but I got a lot of kind instructions and supports from management and co-workers
Solid
Not well liked by the public in NZ which can often make dealing with customers difficult. Internally very strong direct managers throughout my time were extremely supportive and always encouraging. Growth opportunities for those who seek them.
Pros
Internal structure.
Cons
Negative reputation.
Fun workplace. Could be hard at times
Amazing company that intend to provide a fun environment. As an old traditional brand that is moving towards digitalisation era, there are a lot more to improve, but there are constant improvements, that's what count!

Job would get hard at times as customers might be narrow minded and easily blaming, otherwise all is good!
Pros
corporate phone plan, advance opportunities
Cons
unpredictable customers
Fun place to work
Great place to work, good culture. All willing help and learn from each other.
management is always supportive and backs you up when where needed.

We have full support from whole team.
Productive workplace with great challenges and advancements
Learning to deal with people of all temperaments, and the satisfaction of providing the correct services for each client and trouble shooting to the customers satisfaction.
Great staff and easy going environment.
First day at the job and all the staff members were really welcoming and helping me out as much as possible. The work ethics are so diverse at Spark and I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
No set workspaces
Good working environment
Good training programs and high level of customer service that I learned from workplace .

Staff benefits is completed and different work culture is easy to adopted
Pros
environment
Cons
long work hours
Good
Great people to work with, lots of opportunities for internal career progression. Benefits are decent. Flexible working hours and environment. Its been fun working there.
Amazing people to work with
Most of my day is spent on diary management. Interactions with various people around the business as I work for a key leadership member who deals with important portfolios in the business. So many people want to get into his calendar especially the suppliers and having to sort diaries and managing my manager's time is essential. I also look after the smooth running of the floor of 168 people with the help of the administrators. I've learned to share responsibilities with the team administrators and delegate when required. Management is very supportive and the people here work so well together. We have lots of fun together and socialise whenever we can. Making sure that the invoices come in on time from Suppliers for payment as we have to ring and get them to send it on time so that our accruals are accurate. Love working with the teams on the floor. My Manager is very caring and well respected around the business. It makes it worthwhile waking in the morning and coming in to work for him.
Pros
Friday night get togethers either in the office or outside the office
Cons
The constant changes
work hard and play hard
Productive, excellent learning. Employee oriented. Good work life balance. poor management organization. Good place to learn telecom domain knowledge.
Lot to learn and fun workplace
Its a fun place to work.
You get all the credit for the work you do.

Flexible client.

Encouraging team leads/managers.

Have learned a lot.

Knowledge sharing sessions are arranged frequently.

Working for extra long hours continuously is a drawback.
Pros
Recognitions and credit for your work, free sponsorships/prizes
Cons
Extra long hours
Productive & Fun
I'm active hard worker, reliable, honest punctual. I get some harsh calls sometimes but I try my best. Sometimes put customer on hold till I sort myself out then get back to them.
I learn new things most days when sorting out different customer's problems.

It is a big company and great to work with different cultures. Most enjoyable time is when I fix any of our customer's problems. and having my break and catch up with team mates and my manager.
Pros
Free coffee and milk
Cons
We do 8hrs a day
Innovative workplace
Work is challenging and allow you to be part of innovative solutions implemented by company. It keeps you up to date with technologies and progresses you to move forward
Pros
Free broadband credit and mobile services
Complex working enviroment
Spark is currently going through some very complex management in infrastructural changes, this has made the working environment fractured.
The people who work there are however very willing and capable, and they work hard towards the common goal.
Payroll Officer
Happy and Busy enviroment
Learnt a new role and a new system positively and confidently.

All managerment staff great and co-workers supportive

If anything was hard to action you were able to get a better understanding and support from your co-workers.

Enjoying the job meant you were able to succeed confidently with the challanges set and able to learn more every month.
Pros
supportive and strong team players
Cons
nothing to be honest