Spark

Spark Employee Reviews

Experience filled day
CTS Core Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 September 2016
No 2 days are the same. You learn everyday issues which makes the role exciting and challenging. The people are family which makes the job fun and most importantly treat each other with care and respect.
Spark New Zealand
3IC, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Takanini, Auckland8 April 2016
I was hired as a meeter and greeter than worked my way up to a 3IC. On the days the manager had his days off, I would open up the store get the floats for the day out and start a morning meeting to update the staff on any changes that happened over night. Through out the day I would deal with any customer disputes, receive in stock and serve customers. Greatest part about the job is the people you meet so many people and they all have their own story to tell.
Pros
The people
Cons
Non
Fun enviroment
COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington21 March 2016
Working for Spark has been exciting and challenging. Every day is different, dealing with all walks of life and you are constantly learning new technolgies and processes.
Fun with work colleagues and place
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 March 2016
I have been with SPARK for 17 years. During these years, I have gained knowledge, friends and precious memories. I enjoyed working in SPARK because we can work at home once a week. My co-workers are very accommodating and we have known each other for so long. The most enjoyable part of my job is I handle the Main Bank Account of SPARK so my position is very important to the company. The hardest part of the job is when there are reconciling items in the Bank that needs to be cleared and investigated at once.
Pros
free telephone concessions and bonuses
Cons
hard processes since they change the procedure
Productive professional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, N3 January 2016
typical day at work consisted of coffee, Reading emails from co-workers plus customers and follow up on any queries, Take calls directly from customers for 8 hours
Pros
Fruit Day, Pressy Card Vouchers
Cons
Weird hours, Low quality office euiptment
Great place to work and always new things to learn
SALES / CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato20 December 2015
There really is no typically day at work always new challenges. I learned a lot about customer service and learning peoples needs to really understanding about the way they live there life in order to make the best decisions possible for them. Its always great to work in a team and everyone is always supportive to helping you grow and gain more knowledge. the satisfaction i got from the job is doing the best i could and making customers happy.
Pros
free internet and phone services
Cons
Not always being given correct information
productive and fun workplace
ICT sales representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Nz10 December 2015
Start my day with a cup of tea at work, Then my team leader invite the whole team for briefing. After that we go in the work van, to do sales. We try to achieve our daily targets. Later we check the contracts and send them to back office to sign up customers.
Pros
trips, going different cities.
Cons
struggle for sales and customer's complaints.
Overall Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 December 2015
Average work place. Good place for the beginners. Balanced work life culture. Little room for growth and development. Overall average company to work with.
Pros
Average work culture
Cons
Poor management
Lots of work and good work life balance which accounts for good working condition
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland14 September 2015
Good place to work along with some supportive colleagues. A bit of politics involved with higher management but i tried to stay out of it. Good place to work if you wanted to show your potential and had an apptitude for more work.
Dynamic
no two days are same.
good paymasters
good move from Telecom to SPARK
highly rewarding
Its an interesting and challenging workplace with lots of scope to find different jobs that interest you.
Technical Assistant, Specialists (Former Employee) –  Dunedin29 June 2015
My work typically starts at 8am occasionally earlier and finishes as late as 8pm. First priority is to deal with overnight service and delivery issues.

This determines the path my day follows. My working day has 2 paths firstly escalations and coaching, typically customer facing, and then working with the service and delivery teams on project outcomes.

The second path is Solution Design and Sales either dealing with incorrectly contracted work or redesigning to meet customer contract outcomes.

30% of my day is vendor management directly with Chorus or Third Party Integrators.

What I learned: You can never listen hard enough to the customer.

Management: I have had 8 remote managers in under 6 years. You learn to be self supporting and resilient.

Co-workers: The coolest team imaginable - they are all leaders and incredibly good at what they do. They are fun to be around.

Hardest Part Of the Job: Complete lack of role definitions and the constant struggle to provide the simple outcomes that customers need for their businesses to succeed.

Most Enjoyable Part Of the Job: Getting wins for the customer where none else can't. Designing Really good service outcomes end to end.
Pros
Free Telephone and Internet. Warm place to work. (Exchange buildings make a lot of heat).
Cons
Long Hours, Lack of Role Definition.
Fun and competitive place to work
3IC/Communications Consultant/Device Evangelist (Current Employee) –  Auckland19 June 2015
Spark is great place to work. Great perks. Great culture. Great work mates. Dealing with customers is what I love and I get to do that here on a daily basis.
Pros
Commission, Awesome work mates, Great perks
Politics demoralise people
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland15 June 2015
Organisation management is unstable. Few team players but too many managers in authority. You are expected to do all the tasks.Good diverse technologies.
Pros
Good concession
Cons
Politics
Fun place to work
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, NZ13 April 2015
My co workers welcomed me into their little group with smiles, and were happy to lend a helping hand.
The hardest part of my job was telling ever hopeful customers that their credit was declined and the phone that they had they chosen they couldn't get.
A typical day normally included at least one distressed customer, which if dealt with the correct way had a happy outcome, if not it normally resulted in broken equipment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers decide what they want, I feel I really listen to their wants and needs and could suggest the product that most suited them and this, I think, most of the customers were grateful for.
Variety of work good. Hours 24/7 though.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N29 November 2014
Variety of work is good.
Learned IP skills and access technology mainly.
Management can be unreasonable sometimes.
Co-workers are good but not all are team players.
The hours are hard. i.e 24/7 shift work.
The best part of the job is fixing stuff and helping Customers.
Pros
Penal rates for shift work.
Cons
Expectation to fix a technology you are not trained in enough.
Over a generally good firm to work
Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  CBD, Auckland16 November 2014
The most enjoyable part of the work is working on the latest technology
it was productive
principle infrastructure specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N15 September 2014
This job was work experience for school, i went to a few meetings and learnt basic design infrastructure.
Spark is going in the right direction
Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Central Auckland18 August 2014
Spark, formally Telecom NZ are trying really hard to move away from the corporate, governmental image. I am at the heart of that, Integration has to make this happen. There is a massive fight between delivery and governance. We fight this every day for Spark.
Pros
Fast paced, delivery focused
Cons
Politics