Specsavers Employee Reviews

Imaging place for work
Optical Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NewZealand25 September 2019
My company was great. In the beginning i didn't know anything about optics but with the help of my directors they prepared me and made me senior dispenser with in a year. I was the topper in sales while my work time. I learned many things like how to deal with grumpy customers and how handle the situation in super busy time. If i would be still working there might become the store Manager of that company too. I love my all staff Members. Had a great journey with them.
Awesome job, less awesome atmosphere
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nelson28 March 2017
Optics is an amazing career to choose and i had alot of fun doing it. You learnt something new everyday and got to help people on a daily basis. The atmosphere at the particular shop I worked at wasnt that great though.
Pros
Interesting
Productive workplace
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty22 April 2016
Working as an optical assistant is not what I expected it to be, there is lots to learn about not just placing a pair of frames on a customer. There is testing of the eyes and the health care side of things. The hardest part of my job would be that there were always questions that I could not answer so the customer would have to wait for the optometrist, but in that case I was learning new things all the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and the satisfaction of customers leaving happy.
Fantastic job
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 February 2016
I learnt a lot while working at Specsavers, one thing being how good I can be a some things. My confidence definitely grew, which was not a bad thing. I felt really good about working for such a great company. The director of the store was fantastic and despite some problems with the store manager, the boss was supportive and helped us through it. I loved working with the team and going out for social dinners together. The customers at our store were usually very nice people who made my job easy.
Pros
New glasses
Cons
Had to relocate and leave
Fun wrok place with lots of areas to learn more
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Napier, N3 September 2015
Every day staff are lovely to work for and seeing customers walk out with any concerns fully addressed and feeling amazing in the glasses we have pick for them makes this job worth working at. I truly love the job and being able to help people 100%. Sadly the boss is a difficult person to work for and treats everyone as if they are below him so it can be hard working in an environment like that but its just one of the challenges you face when working for any company and how you let it affect you and your work is up to you. I always gave 100% in my work and served every customer as if they were the first one i served no matter how the boss was treating me.
Pros
Free sight tests and discounts on glasses
Cons
Boss was difficult to work with
Learning how to provide good customer service
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Botany, Auckland29 July 2012
A day at work would start by cleaning all the mirrors and checking frames were where they should be, starting up the computers, checking the answer phone, taking the cash to the bank and making sure all the stock gaps were filled.

I learned about the different lens types and how to explain the difference to customers, how to get the ball rolling with open questions and I also learned what frames were best for certain lens types.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
moody staff