Specsavers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Specsavers Employee Review

Imaging place for work

25 September 2019
My company was great. In the beginning i didn't know anything about optics but with the help of my directors they prepared me and made me senior dispenser with in a year. I was the topper in sales while my work time. I learned many things like how to deal with grumpy customers and how handle the situation in super busy time. If i would be still working there might become the store Manager of that company too. I love my all staff Members. Had a great journey with them.
16 February 2016
Same location
I learnt a lot while working at Specsavers, one thing being how good I can be a some things. My confidence definitely grew, which was not a bad thing. I felt really good about working for such a great company. The director of the store was fantastic and despite some problems with the store manager, the boss was supportive and helped us through it. I loved working with the team and going out for social dinners together. The customers at our store were usually very nice people who made my job easy.
Pros
New glasses
Cons
Had to relocate and leave
22 March 2020
Specsavers Lower Hutt is a good workplace. Very strong management. Other things like Job Work/Life Balance

Job Culture are also good
20 July 2018
I enjoyed working with the customers, although as with all retail jobs, customer service can be very draining sometimes.
The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle too many things as our store was understaffed and our management refused to hire more staff. Our director also had a really bad habit of disappearing from the store when she was supposed to be working with no notice or explanation. Hence we would have four staff running the store on days when we really needed 6 or 7 which is really exhausting, particularly as our management did not appreciate it or value the hard work we were doing.

Our store went from being 2nd in NZ for our team culture and customer service, to be one of the bottom performing stores in less then a year due to our director and store manager basically running the store into the ground.

Overall a good company, but because each store is franchised there is no consistency between them and unfortunately The Base store has been ruined by toxic management.

The staff in our store were being paid <$8 less an hour then what head office was recommending and what other stores where paying their staff members.
Pros
good staff discounts, nice stores
Cons
toxic management, underpaid, undervalued, micromanaged, favouritism
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specsavers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9