Specsavers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Specsavers Management reviews

New Zealand8 reviews
Specsavers Lower Hutt is a good workplace. Very strong management. Other things like Job Work/Life Balance

Job Culture are also good
I enjoyed working with the customers, although as with all retail jobs, customer service can be very draining sometimes.
The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle too many things as our store was understaffed and our management refused to hire more staff. Our director also had a really bad habit of disappearing from the store when she was supposed to be working with no notice or explanation. Hence we would have four staff running the store on days when we really needed 6 or 7 which is really exhausting, particularly as our management did not appreciate it or value the hard work we were doing.
Our store went from being 2nd in NZ for our team culture and customer service, to be one of the bottom performing stores in less then a year due to our director and store manager basically running the store into the ground.

Overall a good company, but because each store is franchised there is no consistency between them and unfortunately The Base store has been ruined by toxic management.

The staff in our store were being paid <$8 less an hour then what head office was recommending and what other stores where paying their staff members.
Pros
good staff discounts, nice stores
Cons
toxic management, underpaid, undervalued, micromanaged, favouritism
Optics is an amazing career to choose and i had alot of fun doing it. You learnt something new everyday and got to help people on a daily basis. The atmosphere at the particular shop I worked at wasnt that great though.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Specsavers?