Spectrum Care Trust
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spectrum Care Trust Employee Reviews

Even if it is a busy day for the residents, we still have time to have fun for the staff and for them. As we explore and learn a lot from them as well. We collaborate with their families and we make sure that they achieve an overall quality of life and care.
Pros
Time management
Cons
lack of staff, poor management, no support
Some of the staff have been there for too long and for a long time have got away with abuse. Management have rose coloured glasses. Hoping that, the take a look at their programmes, professional development management and staff
I love this job and loved meeting and supporting all sorts of people with different cultures from my own! My biggest reward would be assisting them through lifes challenges and seeing them smiling! We had our good days and not so good days but that's all apart of Life and it's how best we deal with any situation that may occur and how well we deal with them! I've always enjoyed supporting people of all ethnic backgrounds and I learnt alot from them as well! Learning and growing together! Thankyou!
Pros
holidays away with clients
Cons
I have learned to respect the rights of each individual. I enjoyed supporting the disability people to see their progress. The hardest part of the service was when the people I support cannot understand a thought I try to convey.
Pros
Extra pay when I do the sleepover shift
Cons
When I don't understand or person I support do not understand me.
The workplace culture is very positive. I enjoy working with my team as they are very cooperative. We have diversity in the company which gave me an opportunity to work with people from different countries.
A typical day at work involved dealing with my clients in the family home, helping them prepare their own meals or making meals for them, helping them complete household chores, playing recreational games with them and doing educational tasks. I learned that each individual had individual needs that needed to be catered to. The hardest part of the job was seeing them struggling to express how they felt or what they wanted. The most enjoyable part was making a connection with them or seeing a spark of understanding in their eyes when we were conversing or doing a certain task.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours around my study, emotionally rewarding
Cons
hygiene issues around toilet training, sometimes violent outbursts