Spotless
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spotless Employee Reviews

Maintenance jobs for Housing New Zealand and Defence therefore the phones were always busy. As the company was new then, management and staff were still getting to know one another. The hardest part of the job was when people were away and were not replaced, the most enjoyable part was working with an awesome team.
Pros
Lunch from the contractors and Company
Cons
phones constantly ringing
Every time I've had overtime, I've had to chase for my pay.Work is very easy, however the lack of willingness from management to... well... manage, gives an overall feeling of neglect. It's also incredibly difficult to get a response out of my managers, can take days of messaging for something simple.
Pros
Not really
Cons
Payroll team bad, Management also
They don’t price the contracts correctly so workers are extremely over work and this leave a division between what the client expectations are and what we can physically can do.
Cons
Extremely unreasonable hours to produce the expected results
Is a good place for work, staff good each other, friendly enviroment, no pressure, excelent salary, relax shift, perfect management with friendly staff in management
Pros
Good salary
operators were nice to work with Acting General manager was only worried about the operators. Treating the managers very poorly. Had no idea how to run the machines and thus the machines were run at 125%. Always complain and worried about $. Would constantly lie, and when prooved wrong, would deny it. Was always more worried about how clean the place was, then how old and run down the machines whethan how
Pros
great middle managers
Cons
very poor leader (acting General manager)
bullying and harassment is the normal for the company, requested training to never have it happen, had to work out through trial and error how to use the database. Had to use my own car for site visits and audits, and was never allowed to claim back the expense.
Pros
some of the team were lovely
Cons
Unfortunately the poor culture was more than the positive
spotless was a great place to work till downers bought out spotless company was to big did not care for workers they drastically cut staff and spent time and money on things that didn't matter.
Pros
same shifts
Cons
unorganised
My time at spotless I saw a multiple people go due to bullying by the site manager. Told overtime would not be paid if you can't do your work on time Bullying and harassment on a daily basis made for a very unpleasant and toxic work site.
Pros
Cons
Toxic
Minesite cleaner Bowen Basin area. Usually great work mates, and even good supervisors. Lazy people made the work even harder as did restrictive hours. The minimum wage and disrespect from Coal Mine Workers made the work a struggle. Use the position as an entry point, remember you are always watched, lazy people won’t get opportunities.
The work place culture was great. Everyone gave a helping hand to each other to get the work done no matter what your position was. I enjoyed that part of the position.
Overall, the pros of working for Spotless were the people. Hours were there. Learnt great customer service skills. Fast paced environment. Cons Lack of career opportunities - only possible to be a catering assistant, thats it. Not good for a student studying otherwise need to take time off Bullying from management Changing the roster not notifying staff - this happened almost every week Nit picking on staff- forcing staff he doesn't like to complete jobs-letting off older employee to not have to do the jobs Intimidating staff Threatening to cut hours Minimal pay Worked to the bone with no recognition - not recognised for hard work I could go on all day
There are many employees who have passed through this organisation and regret the association. You can do much better than work for this toxic and broken organisation.
I work with a great bunch of people.we are like a family.thefe is no nastiness or back stabbing and the bosses treat you very well.the work atmosphere is relaxed and fun
Management are bullies, don't like you to be too comfortable with your work mates, no consideration for their staff, especially when fifo/dido when it comes to your family back home or health issues
You get to interact with new and different people each time you work. It can be very stressful and tiring as you are on your feet constant, but pay is worth it and customers make it worth it. It can be a fun environment.
Cons
Buying your own food and drink
Wouldn’t recommend spotless to anyone I know run by idiots. Management don’t listen and don’t want to hear what actually happens in there site. Everything gets brushed under the carpet
Pros
There is none
Cons
Stay away if you want your sanity
It was a good job i learned a lot by being a manager & being in charge of other people, i wanna find a job or career that I’m going to injoy & benefit from.
management wasn't great but aside from that it was good. management was constantly changing. If you like repititive type of work, you would like that.
Worked at HQ st kilda rd it was a decent company till it was delisted from ASX once private it was a nightmare the culture was appalling it was a matter of if you sucked up to the right people you advanced in the work place if not your working day was torture. It was a bullys paradise.
Working for this company was very stressful as I was wrongly accused of stealing and that caused problems with another work colleague.which in turn made the atmosphere around us very tense and uncomfortable.
Doing CA and Kitchenhand duties,I have learned many aspects at catering sites. Management has allowed me to work at many sites. People are friendly at spotless sites. Sometimes sites have big workloads.The most enjoyable part is job satisfaction when the work is completed,
Pros
Sometimes the food is free.
Cons
Sometimes the shifts are long.
  1. Employee Reviews