Spotless
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spotless Management reviews

New Zealand92 reviews
Spotless Rotorua District Hospital
Working for this company was very stressful as I was wrongly accused of stealing and that caused problems with another work colleague.which in turn made the atmosphere around us very tense and uncomfortable.
Good Company to work for
Work ethic is good as you work with a variety of people from all walks of life.
Management are supportive when the need arises.
Awesome bunch of people
decent first job
Hours can range from 3 to sometimes 9 hours. The managers and supervisors are sometimes good sometimes bad. Management is ok everyone gets their role sorted. The work environment is average and can get quite messy at times. Hardest part of job is when you get a long shift you don't really get time to eat at all makes you really hungry. Best part of job is sometimes when there's food left over you get to eat them.
Total disappointment
When you work for a company that are high demanding you'd think they would value and appreciate their employees more for the hardwork that they've done well that's certainly not the case. You get criticized, put down, picked on, lied to and never appreciated. You never get a say when it comes to wanting help. You just get pushed away and out the door.
Pros
Working with really good people
Cons
Company sucks
Simple
Quick and easy hours. Pay rate at the time was decent for the lifestyle i had. The management was efficient and the work culture was great and diverse.
under paid over work no communication . Don't check to see if we ok
Management useless ,never paid right ,no communication . Totally useless management . Yous give me the buildings to clean but can't paye me . Need to be payes properly to travel to and from work have rent to catch up on due to under paye
Pros
no pros
Cons
no paye
Variety work places
It was very physical and i kept good time management as each site had an hour max to fulfill cleaning duties. The work was very good i enjoyed my experience whilst there.
Pros
Work at a steady pace
Cons
Flexible hours
Not a good place to work
It wasn't a good place to work. The management wasn't good, they were under staffed. The workers weren't nice and helpful. A few people were nice and helpful, but 90% of the staff wasn't good.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Split shifts
Good company. Good people
Hard work but very enjoyable. Great team and management. Very much a friendly and caring environment.

I learned so much about HR/ Staffing Services.
Pros
Awesome team culture
Cons
Long Hours
fun workplace
I enjoyed the job especially the mall walking It was fun and enjoyable the management was good the hardest part of the job was when we ran out of cleaning stuff. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on the customers faces when you spoke to them
Its a reasonable firm to work for and pay is quite good/
Enjoyed job each day set routine worked 6am to 2pm Mon - Friday.
Leant to clean with various chemicals, buffing, moppings and general cleaning, walls,fittings hand basins, showers and wet areas etc, removing rubbish.
Management were generally ok. Work place culture
was generally reasonally good, there is a job there and has to be done well.Hardest part of job was visters and you had to work around them.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with nice staff and conversation during breaks.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No cons
Hard working with little to no reward
Working at spotless proved to have little to no reward, moving from a kitchen hand to one of the top barista's in both cafe's to working in the wards with no added benefit at all and constantly being told off by management for problems unrelated to me.
Pros
Social interaction with hospital staff and patients
Cons
Management was terriable
good company
the supervisor's are not nice but the management are good. Really good to work because of how lovely the customers are. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
free food at the end of your shift
Cons
short hours
over all great place to start when you want to come back into the work force
great team /co workers and management is also good. have learnt a few more things that help me with cleaning but needed to find something more challenging for myself
Diverse culture and fun environment
We work in a busy outlet especially occasions like Sevens. Everyday is a learning environment when you get to work with different individuals on rosters and customer likewise. We are given the chance to learn with LCQ training and on-line simulation to earn certificates of our Host responsibility in serving alcohol.
A very fun and supportive management team who always sees the welfare of its staff and initiate more learning.
Part of working in a retail environment are customers who have this attitude especially when declined to be served with liquor.

What makes me enjoy this work is that the people I interact with co-workers and customers, got to meet different faces and share our culture differences.
Pros
free meals especially long hours of work, convenient time tables
Cons
the fare i spent on my travel to the city
I'd rather not work for Spotless
Spotless reduced conditions with new staff hired on lesser conditions. I experienced bullying and undervaluing of employees.

This is possibly caused by an attitude of there are plenty more people who need a job so if you don't like it leave.
Pros
Spotless seem to just keep rolling the contract over without re-tendering being required.
Cons
Unhappy downtrodden employees
good working conditions
It was a good environment to work in with friendly staff and customers to talk with. Easy work but there was not enough hours given to me. Management was friendly and approachable.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not enough hours
Interesting
Challenging day at work
Health and Safety

Management was great
Co-workers were great to get on with
Hardest part of the job was push the cleaning trolleys around

Enjoyable part of this job was working in the surgery rooms
Slow and Steady
Mon- Fri
5:30 to 7:30 clean meeting rooms of Minsitry of Justice and Crown Law

7:45 to 10:30 clean private offices and workers desks.

Time management is involved in terms of how thoroughly areas need to be cleaned and how will one compensate for the extra time spent on certain things.
I work independtly, so I will see my co- workers every so often around the floors.

The hardest part of the job is keeping a keen eye for spots that haven't been attended, or maybe arent seen by the client but still needs cleaning.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the privilege to listen to music while one can work although this can get monotonous.
Not good place to work
Working shifts and no job satisfication or respect from management
Pros
N/a
Cons
No respect from management, Injuries
Productive and very challenging invironment
Problem solving and being proactive to ensure tasks and complaints from Clients were achieved by phone or email. Travel from Site to Site within the Central North Island delivering Cleaning products for Staff and recording Staff performance and inspection of Sites with Site Managers. (Quality Assessments) Ensuring both Client and Staff were happy.
Learned Spotless Payroll system. Costings on new Contracts to grow the business.

Support from Spotless Management was via phone or email due to the area Office located in Hamilton. Area Manager monthly visits to our Taupo Office for meetings.
I considered all our staff as co-workers. Ensuring they were equip t with all the necessary tools/products to make their jobs easier/achievable. In return they performed well. Met some wonderful genuine people.

Hardest part of the job was appealing to Management to better Staff environments, pay rates, hours, equipment and budget.

Interaction with People from the floor up to Management.
Pros
Positive feed back from Clients and Staff.
Cons
Long hours and problem solving, keeping Staff and Clients happy