Spotless

Spotless Employee Reviews

great workplace, over worked management,
Day Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington2 February 2017
enjoyed working with the people and like my job role and independence, felt the managerial staff had far to many responsibilities and and were very over worked and didnt have any sense of commitment to the company
Nice communicating company
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Eden Park, Auckland18 January 2017
Is a great company always willing to hand out shifts to younger workers the older workers help you by sharing knowledge or their little tricks of the trade
Pros
Choose when to work
Cons
Not enough hours
Fair company to work for
Clearner (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 January 2017
I found spotless fair with good wages and hours
I was fully trained as a commercial clearner in every aspect of cleaning. Cleaning days hours and evenings very flexible
Pros
Good wages
good company
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington15 January 2017
the supervisor's are not nice but the management are good. Really good to work because of how lovely the customers are. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
free food at the end of your shift
Cons
short hours
Fun Work Place
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Waiouru Military Camp Waiouru14 January 2017
Have been working there for 9 years. A good company to work for. Great training. Get 8 hours a day. 40+ hours a week plus more if you want it. cheap house rentals, some perks also, team work is essential
Pros
use of equipment for home without paying hireage
Cons
footwear not provided so very costly
Good night team and co-workers
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland28 December 2016
Liked working at Whangarei DHB and being part of the night team. Enjoyed working with and around co-workers, patients and DHB staff. Met and miss some good people that I've encountered.
I was younge it was my first job
Cleaner (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Nz2 December 2016
I thought it was the best thing ever been my first job. I would start work at 4am me and my supervisor we would sign in and then start
1- clean all countertops, tables
2- sweep all floors and mop floors
3- buff the floors
Then sign off and go home get ready for school. After school go straight to work start at ,4.30 clean staff room toilets and office then go home
The hardest part is the waking up at 3am
Spotless-Never a dull moment
Auckland Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenlane, Auckland30 November 2016
Busy alot of different clients and business opportunity Large team Co-Workers are fun and friendly Hardest part Auckland traffic keeping timeframes. Leadership and learning focussed
Pros
Career Opportunity
Cons
Huge staffing/ large area
spotless is a great and enjoyable work place
waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington16 November 2016
Its a casual job which is not every week, I have the ability to say no to working when they ask me, everyone is super friendly and the hours I work are always payed out.
I have gained so much experience waitressing in corporate at westpac stadium while also have opportunity's to work a cash register, work an eftpos machine, work in a pizza kitchen, pour beverages, rinse dishes and serve food.
You never really get to work with the same people every game but its fine because I enjoy meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
only able to work 3 hours in retail.
Spotless sounds good ..depends!! ..
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury14 November 2016
I dont have problem with Spotless overall. The problem extends with Individuals that use and abuse their positions and co. workers.since the time of employment in a short time. I have observed many cases of unfairness and mostly from long term workers whom work as a close network. Inconclusion it is in every job and there is no way of stopping it.
Pros
Sadly nothing.
Cons
All about themselves.
Fun Working environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Eden, Auckland4 October 2016
Spotless is a great company which gives you a lot of pros such as meeting stars when working at Eden Park venue , different situations which you will learn how to adapt easily and think fast.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Venue changes
Company not personal at all and no support
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hokitika1 October 2016
This company says its huge. Maybe too huge. There is not personal feeling to it and taking any time of is next to impossible. Ive worked after tooth extraction and during my daughters home birth due to this. There seems to be little support .

The manager says she is always working day and night and im wondering if she is just too busy? .

I enjoy working lone.

Having not long worked for another company and i feel the differences. Cleaning is a job i am trying to get out from due to age and my future but will have to say i like working for this company .
Pros
Working with out a boss. Pleanty of time to do it.
Cons
no support, low wages.
over all great place to start when you want to come back into the work force
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury25 June 2016
great team /co workers and management is also good. have learnt a few more things that help me with cleaning but needed to find something more challenging for myself
Diverse culture and fun environment
Retail Outlet Supervisor/2IC (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, Wellington25 May 2016
We work in a busy outlet especially occasions like Sevens. Everyday is a learning environment when you get to work with different individuals on rosters and customer likewise. We are given the chance to learn with LCQ training and on-line simulation to earn certificates of our Host responsibility in serving alcohol.
A very fun and supportive management team who always sees the welfare of its staff and initiate more learning.
Part of working in a retail environment are customers who have this attitude especially when declined to be served with liquor.
What makes me enjoy this work is that the people I interact with co-workers and customers, got to meet different faces and share our culture differences.
Pros
free meals especially long hours of work, convenient time tables
Cons
the fare i spent on my travel to the city
Fun, productive work environment
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland25 May 2016
It was a great environment with many great employees that really got along well with each other to get the job done.

Enjoyed the productive and fast paced work environment keeping myself and colleagues real busy, and to keep an eye on specific details.

Got to learn to also do voluntary work for the coordinator doing data entry work which i really enjoyed.
fun work company.
Cleaner (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Papakura Auckland New Zealand18 May 2016
I heard spotless is a good cleaning job, and my supervisor use to give me tips on how to clean, i got this job through an agency called Allied Work Force which they only paid me for 14.85 dollars an hourly rate.
Pros
free lunch
Exciting fast past environment
Box Host/Bartender/Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Wellington6 April 2016
Working in the westpac stadium in corporate boxes, bars and during canape functions has been an interesting dynamic. When i began here i had bbarely any experience in hospitality, now i have been there 4-5 years and i feel i have learned alot.
Pros
Meeting new people every shift
Cons
No staff parking
Great People great crew
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Waiouru Military Camp, Waiouru22 February 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Spotless, the crew are awesome we all believe in teamwork and I have learnt so much more since being employed with these amazing people. Waiouru Military Camp is a very friendly community and I will miss everyone.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
work most weekends
I'd rather not work for Spotless
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  New Zealand27 November 2015
Spotless reduced conditions with new staff hired on lesser conditions. I experienced bullying and undervaluing of employees.

This is possibly caused by an attitude of there are plenty more people who need a job so if you don't like it leave.
Pros
Spotless seem to just keep rolling the contract over without re-tendering being required.
Cons
Unhappy downtrodden employees
solo positions for cleaning
Part-time Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  wairarapa8 November 2015
worked on my own and sometimes filled in for other locations got to know how things are done in the cleaning industry and also learned to use commercial equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spotless. Our community is ready to answer.