St John Ambulance Employee Reviews

Very favourable work/life balance
Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury3 October 2017
Very high demand, accurate but self managing role.
Really enjoyed becoming highly skilled in this profession.
A lot of professional and personal learning in this position!

The worst company in my career I've worked for in terms of quality management and looking after their valuable staff.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Long history of intimidating, unprofessional management
Great Team to work with
Casual Ambulance Officer (Former Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury3 April 2017
While most of the shifts I worked were quiet, I enjoyed the variety the job brings. Most staff were supportive. Great ongoing training, strong management.
Pros
Great team atmospher
Cons
12 hours shift often very quiet.
Management made coming to work something to look forward to. We had organised breakfasts, outings and we were continually being trained.
Patient Transfer Officer (Former Employee) –  Thames, Waikato10 May 2016
A typical day at work was arriving at an ED loading stabilised patients onto stretchers and into the Ambulance. What I learned from this job was the importance of team work and communication among doctors, nurses, nursing management and the patient and their family.
I loved doing this work as I learned people skills. Mostly you needed to have a sense of humour and be professional at all times. Integrity and honesty are very high on my list of values.

The most challenging role I had, was the Health & Safety Rep for the Hauraki - Cormandel St John District. Personalities and ones interpretation of the laws and trying to explain the changes coming.

This role I had for three years
highly professional and well regarded in the community
patient transfer officer (Current Employee) –  auckland northen region nz4 March 2013
a typical day is ensuring your vehicle and equipment is ready to go preparing yourself for the day mentally. going over medical procedures and paperwork. my co workers are great we are there for a reason and we all strive to do our utmost best we rely on each other for advice and strength. we learn to conduct our selves professionally in all circumstances even when people around us are in despair we maintain our dignity while being compassionate and especially showing empathy towards others. management are always there when we need them and go out of there way to help.the hardest part of the job is the human person what they go thru and what they experience, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping them thru and being there with them.
Pros
satisfaction and being respected by the community where ever we go
Cons
traffic