State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 13,598 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,599 reviews

Must be good at cold calling

If you are good at finding your own leads and cold calling this is a good fit for you, otherwise you spend a lot of time collecting payments. Not a lot of lead support.

Good coworkers

My coworkers and the customer were the best part aboit the job. That being said it was very stressful and didn't really feel appropriated my management.

Low pay, Great Benefits, You’re just a cog in their machine

Low pay compared to any other companyGreat benefits- accrued vacation hours, COVID related time off, etc.Terrible management You don’t matter to them at all.

Fun and productive place.

I love working here, you learn a lot. My agent is amazing to work for. You get to learn all of the systems. There is a great work life balance, off weekends, plus you get to help peeps

ok place to works but the compensation is a joke

small office so the work environment is really good. work with really nice people who are always ready to help out. the compensation is terrible and almost no room for growth.

It’s okay

It’s a good job , meet very many people but there is no work life balance whatsoever. If you think you’d get holidays off ? Think again. Managers love to micro manage as well

Depends on your Agent

Every office is an independent office. The culture depends on the Agent Owner. Be sure to negotiate a higher hourly salary and there are no benefits.

Find a good agent to work for

I was lucky enough to find a really great agent to work for and loved it, but found my self wanting to learn more as I got more interested in becoming an agent myself, so then I started looking for a job with an agent that might be able to offer more and found another really great agent, good pay, good work.

Mediocre

Fair pay, outdated systems and procedures as well as poor communication between agencies and corporate. Some agency owners are fair but from what I've experienced they're mainly just interested in putting their workload off for profit.

Good work environment with great people to work with. Really good job preparation

After a month long training course, a normal work day in the Customer Care center consisted of clocking in, getting 20 minutes to attend to daily emails and website/work culture updates. Then I would log into the phone application and assist customers with their insurance policies and take my scheduled breaks and lunch that are scheduled on a day to day basis. There are group meetings and one on one meeting with my team supervisor every day to every other day. Very pleasant work experience.

Pros

Easy going work enviroment with great staff and work culture.

Cons

Very strict attendance and work guidline policies.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company?

It all depends on what office you work for

It all depends on what office you work for... I have a wonderful work family which makes it easier to be the every day. I have enjoyed my teammates and the work we do

Great Company for Job Advancement, Poor Managment

Great benefits, with opportunities for advancement, but management was awful. I felt like I was in elementary school at times. Overall, the job was productive and I did learn a lot.

Pros

Job Growth, Work Environment, Teams

Cons

Do not recommend

Pros- pays the billsCons- micromanage, management dont listen, pay isn't great, don't care about the employee.When I started it was a fun place. They decided employee didn't matter anymore and everyone became a number instead of a person. Morale tanked and job was not secure.

Claims is in Crisis Without Signs of Improvement

When I joined State Farm claims in 2021 we were in a crisis. The department was severely understaffed and thousands of claims behind. To combat this, the SF has pushed lots mandatory overtime, made you apply 6 months in advance to use any PTO (applications were often denied), and forced employees to work weekends and holidays, and implemented a strict employee monitoring system to make sure you are working every second. The company is also inflexible for shift times, so you have no say in when you work (I knew many parents who found working here untenable after not being allowed to take time off for their child and had to work shifts until 7pm). Management said this was all temporary until the crisis was over. These measures not only made the job personally difficult it has led to an extremely high turn over rate even amongst State Farm's best and most experienced claim handlers. They were the only people who actually taught me how to handle claims (the official training is completely inadequate) and could help you when claims got complicated (managers will go out of their way to make themselves unavailable). After about a year on the job, that I was totally burnt out (lots of OT, no vacation, plus the job is mostly getting screamed at on a phone all day long) and that the crisis would not end anytime soon. We were only falling further behind on claims and there were fewer people to do the job than when I started. Management had no new solutions other than making the workload more demanding and continuing to let good employees walk out the door. So eventually I quit because -

Toxic

Work environment was toxic and disorganized. Left because of my mental health. No proper training and being unfair with employees. Pay fluctuations alot

P&c

Great work life balance , pay could be better considering but they do pay for All licensing fees . Call volume is crazy so expect to take back to back calls with no breaks in between

Variety of job tasks

When I worked at State Farm, the jobs consisted of several daily responsibilities. Everyday was a new adventure. My job was important and I loved solving issues for my servicing agents.

Good benefits / poor management

Great work benefits. Mandatory OT for the past 3 yrs. Management doesn’t care about raises. They also wordsmith any question presented. You are just a number. Management turn over is high.

Not a good job

The agent is up your a** for their sale goals and never gave out the full bonus at the end of the month. Oh and the environment was very toxic the team members act like the boss.

Productive work place

Learned time management most importantly. Great entry level job. Got my feet wet and I met a lot of people along the way. Made some great connection that still help me today.

fun until goals are not met

fun until goals are not met, uncapped commissions although most will start out with lower pay. hours are not bad although you are expected to make 50 calls daily, on top of all work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company